Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Little Buff To Total Eclipse

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

To put it bluntly, the augment Totally Sucks. It is way too short of range. The augment clearly is design for teamwork but that requires the whole squad getting into a group hug just to benefit from the ability. 

I made a 265% range build for arbitrations and even with the power buff the eclipse is still nothing compared to Chroma’s vex armor. The range is about as long as chroma’s without range mods. If players aren’t gonna cuddle with mirage, then her augment means nothing. Her augment definitely needs a better buff. 

2 options:

1). Increase the range. Instead of 5m maybe make it 15-20 like every other warframe so with the range mods it could reach over 50m. Which would affect the entire squad within the area. 

2). Make it permanent for teammates until duration wears off. Basically if teammates come near mirage with her eclipse activated then no matter how far they go, the eclipse buff is permanent on them until the ability itself wears off. Like a combination of Rhino Roar and the augment Everlasting Ward. 

Of course other options like maybe eclipse causes her to absorb light energy like Superman and when she activates her forth ability Prism, she channels all the eclipse buff into her prism to make it do more damage but reduces the eclipse duration to 0. But the more power strength and duration, the more the prism gains.

Maybe add a little bonus to her clones if they are activated while eclipse is activated and while standing in lit areas. Like she channels the light into her Hall of Mirrors to increase their buff until either abilities wear off. 

But that augment definitely needs a buff. Maybe the buff could be that it adds those bonuses to her other 2 abilities. I don’t care. But that short range has got to change. It is a complete waste of space. And I’m a team player. Probably the biggest team player in the entire solar system. So it is infuriating that such an augment would be such a waste. 

But that’s just my opinion. Well mine and couple of guys I know. 

Sure the range of the augmented ability is very short, but as a team player as you call yourself, why are you using Mirage in the first places?? She's one of those warframes that can work alone and whose abilities don't affect teammates (like Inaros and Wukong).

Because mirage's damage buff can get way higher than chroma's, having the possibility to get the buff for the remaining time while staying far from mirage would be unbalanced, so i like the idea that the augmented ability works only in a limited space, though it is too limited at the moment.

11 hours ago, Steru said:

Sure the range of the augmented ability is very short, but as a team player as you call yourself, why are you using Mirage in the first places?? She's one of those warframes that can work alone and whose abilities don't affect teammates (like Inaros and Wukong).

Because mirage's damage buff can get way higher than chroma's, having the possibility to get the buff for the remaining time while staying far from mirage would be unbalanced, so i like the idea that the augmented ability works only in a limited space, though it is too limited at the moment.

What do you mean “way higher” have you not used chroma before? Chroma can go over 1,100% and has the armor buff on top of that. Mirage barely goes over 800% and requires you to be in lit areas. 

The math is 2x power strength to equal to mirage’s weapon damage buff. 2.75x power strength to equal to Chroma’s weapon damage buff. 

So no, mirage’s is NOT “way higher” than chroma’s. On top of that her Hall of Mirrors aren’t affected by eclipse. So can only double the damage from mirage and her 2 front clones. So that is barely equal to chroma but requires more energy to use. With limited movement. 

You need to use both more often. And why did I use mirage? Cause I like to use different warframe’s, duh. Just cause mirage is a solo frame doesn’t mean she should be weaker than team frames. Being a solo frame should mean she is stronger, not weaker. 

Brush up on your math skills. Get a chroma and mirage, then apply the same power strength build to both. Chroma is higher. And doesn’t require being afk in lit areas. And he can apply the buffs to his squad without so much range. 

What is with y’all in making false assumptions and excuses to nerf decent warframes just cause some people know how to use them properly and better than y’all? 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

12 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

What is with y’all in making false assumptions and excuses to nerf decent warframes just cause some people know how to use them properly and better than y’all? 

I never asked for a nerf, though there are warframes who are broken...

Sorry for miscalculations on mirage vs chroma's damage buff, people told me stuff and i had no motivation to doubt them

10 hours ago, Steru said:

I never asked for a nerf, though there are warframes who are broken...

Sorry for miscalculations on mirage vs chroma's damage buff, people told me stuff and i had no motivation to doubt them

Well the reason I said “y’all” is cause all I asked for is a slight buff to an augment, possibly to the ability itself but it sounded like you were trying to argue against it. But because chroma is more powerful than mirage, to argue against a minor buff kind of creates a domino effect that leads to the nerfing of another frame. And I’ve encountered too many people that demand too much. 

I just did the sortie yesterday and I used chroma to fight level 100 Vay Hek. It still took me a good minute to beat him even with over 1,000% damage buff. The armor buff plus the Prime Sure Footed is the reason I survived. I was by myself as everybody else left. 

So I can honestly say that chroma does not need a nerf. But that still doesn’t stop people from demanding that he be nerf. I like to try different types of warframe combinations. Such as linking my maxed power strength Nidus, to over double any warframe power strength, to a chroma. So your chroma would have over 2,000% of almost permanent weapon damage and almost 3,000% of armor buff. That combined with warframes like frost or Gara makes the toughest barriers. Combined with a Safe Guard Nezha would create tough halos for all the teammates to increase survivability for all. 

Me and 2 guys(Nidus, Chroma, and Rhino) all with growing power aura, made almost the most OP squad, all we needed was an equinox with Peaceful Provocation. But after I linked to chroma and he fully cast out his vex armor, I then linked to rhino who stood next to chroma and activated Iron skin. His iron skin was 249k. And his Roar for 36 seconds was over 600%. And equinox would made everything even higher. And don’t get me started on fissures. The armor buff affects many barrier or protection type abilities. 

But accomplishing such an OP combination has fueled my desire for more combinations even further than it already was. So I like trying to figure out the best combination for EVERY warframe. And for arbitration Mirage was my warframe. So I tried a Total Eclipse build so that my entire team would benefit from the damage buff and be able to go further in arbitration. Also it was a defense so the quicker we kill all enemies, the faster the waves go. So I wanted to reach at least 30 waves before leaving. But since my mirage with an augment is nothing compared to my chroma without the augment and alert buff, the waves took longer and the other players chose to leave at the first 10 waves. 

It is just a waste of an augment for such a solo type frame. Not to mention that there isn’t much teamwork to do other than the basic “you defend while I kill”. And enemies are getting tougher and tougher and such a squishy frame can not afford to be too weak to kill. Sure her standing in the shade makes her tougher, but then she is weaker. And as you try to move you’re constantly shifting between buffs. One misstep(literally) can cost you a life or the mission. 

But at least now you know. I may be the highest possible rank for a non-founder but I don’t know everything. So I can understand if you didn’t believe me. When I first started there were so many things higher rank players didn’t know. But I found out while I was only MR 1. But the biggest part is that most players are not team players. They don’t pick a warframe or build that’s best for the team. They pick what’s only best for them. Or what they like. Such as a high health Inaros on a high level defense. Forcing me with the 206% rhino roar to be the only one buffing the team. Then that same player will complain that the Saryn that I’m tripling the ability damage, is killing everything even though the objective is to kill enemies as quickly as possible in order to progress forward. While they chose a frame and build that makes them rely on whatever weapons they’re holding. 

Either the ability itself needs to be slightly buffed or the augment. Or a slight change to make the ability combine better with other abilities. Synergy I think is the word. Otherwise mirage is just good for new players that don’t have a chroma and the right equipment to use his ability properly. 

I just want mirage to be as good as the other frames. To be a better team frame.