Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jupiter tileset, spy mission; one vault was way too dark

SnowyGreyish

I just ran a sortie spy mission on the Jupiter tileset. In general a fun experience, but the last vault was so dark/poorly lit, I couldn't tell where there was floor, wall and fall out of bounds -areas (if it wasn't because I ran it with Limbo at the time, passing through lasers, I wouldn't had stood a chance at completing it).

With several rooms separated with glass panels in vaults, the lighting is crucial in being able to distinguish between areas you can traverse and places where you're just making a cartoon move and squishing your face against the glass pane.

Which one?  I can't remember any of the three ones I've done as being excessively dark although depending on your settings the one after the lift 'might' be a bit darker than the others.

Mind you I do wish the glass was a bit more 'obvious', a subtle blur or fogging or something because the amount of times I've tried to jump through a blocked window is daft lol

17 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Which one?  I can't remember any of the three ones I've done as being excessively dark although depending on your settings the one after the lift 'might' be a bit darker than the others.

Mind you I do wish the glass was a bit more 'obvious', a subtle blur or fogging or something because the amount of times I've tried to jump through a blocked window is daft lol

The one with spire of rotating lasers going around the room, just after entering that room. Haven't noticed anywhere on other tilesets causing such an issue with the setting I've got on

46 minutes ago, SnowyGreyish said:

The one with spire of rotating lasers going around the room, just after entering that room. Haven't noticed anywhere on other tilesets causing such an issue with the setting I've got on

That's the one I was thinking of. Honestly I didn't think it was 'that' bad and felt it kind of worked for the setting but obviously my screen settings etc (calibrated for my design work) might have had an impact too.