Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Want The Whip, I Want The Kusari-Gama, When Will We Get It Already?

icanhaztehcookie

Why introduce the whip as the first of a new type of weapon instead of the Kusari-gama? It's probably the most highly requested melee weapon for who knows how long, yet you guys chose the minority who wanted a whip and now were getting a whip.

Even the latest batch of Kusari-gama related threads are getting to the point where people are getting annoyed at seeing them popping up everytime (like this one). That's how hyped it's become compared to the lesser known whip related threads.

Edited by icanhaztehcookie

Im kinda sick of swords atm, just too many of them.

the whip on the other hand seems like a good idea, unless it functions like any other swords. 

If de introduces another type of melee class then whats not to like?

(glaive and kestrel for example)

Lesser known whip threads...? Kusarigama requests are just in high volume right now thanks to the kama release. Whip and kusarigama threads have been pretty equal in frequency for quite some time.

And honestly, I want the whip first. It'll be a good measure of how well they can integrate whip-type/corded/chain weapons.

Why introduce the whip as the first of a new type of weapon instead of the Kusari-gama? It's probably the most highly requested melee weapon for who knows how long, yet you guys chose the minority who wanted a whip and now were getting a whip.

Even the latest batch of Kusari-gama related threads are getting to the point where people are getting annoyed at seeing them popping up everytime (like this one). That's how hyped it's become compared to the lesser known whip related threads.

who cares what you want?  there so much melee already, there need to be variety.  honestly i haven't seen people rage about kusari-gama or ever heard of it.

Edited by Pure

who cares what you want?  there so much melee already, there need to be variety.  honestly i haven't seen people rage about kusari-gama or ever heard of it.

You haven't been around long enough, Kusarigama threads have been around since this game was born.

Whips were brought around as an idea until after the first few Kusarigama related threads were made saying how some prefered a true whip like weapon instead of what the Kusarigama could do.

Edited by __Kanade__

yet you guys chose the minority who wanted a whip and now were getting a whip.

What.

Whips weren't as whined for as badly as the more-popular chain-sickle toy, but has also been demanded for repeatedly over and over. It was said sometime back that the problems DE faced with a whip type weapon were the animations for it, which probably means that they've considered whips a while ago already. Loads of people are waiting for the whip so they can use it with their Saryn.

1841224-S044R73.jpg