Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Blender Animation

Stakhanov

95vdw1.png

Here is your wireframe view, as requested.

I know quite a lot of people who prefer to use plane modelling for their primary method of construction; I obviously don't fault it, because there are hundreds of different ways to create the same thing, and it's all down to personal preference.

However, when I got introduced to Blender, I was introduced with organic modelling; the female body was my first set of lessons in 3D modelling, and since then, I've developed my 'boxing' technique; use the default cube as the basis to model an entire part, adding edge loops and thus increasing precision when and where it is needed. In the case of organic modelling, I cut the default cube in half and use a mirror modifier with clipping, so that I only need to model one half of the character I'm working on.

But I use the default cube to box big parts, and then add other very basic shapes like cylinders and circles and others to increase the level of precision I'm trying to achieve.

Edited by Stakhanov

Ah, I see now. Thanks for responding to my noob question.

Also, the Lato looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in finished form.

No problems - I understand that if you don't know much on a particular practice, it's hard to distinguish what is good and what's bad, just like I'd take even an amateur tennis player to be a pro since I don't play much at all :P

Anyway, another update. All the finer details have been done on the Lato here. Just need some texturing and lighting and this'll be fantastic. This is probably the best model I've done yet. Hard to tell whether I did the Lex or Lato best.

2aflnwx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay in updates here, but I literally took screenshots and gave them to someone so they could do a good, accurate set of outlines for me, you know, a twenty minute job, that still requires a little skill to do, and now, three weeks after I gave them the screenshots I've done the weapons and can now move onto the next phase, and then they tell me they've been "busy" and haven't even started... The nerve of some people! Especially as I know for a fact they're not busy, and have only spent three weeks playing the new GTA... GRRRR!

Anyway, I'm asking some other people to assist me with some outlines and concepts, and I still haven't got any word from the DE about any assistance with regard to reference pictures. If anyone is willing to give me a hand, you'll dig me out of a pit here!

Alright, again, my lack of updates is down to a lack of someone doing something for me when I ask them too, I'm actually really in need of an artist who can work pretty quick. Is there anyone who can assist me? I'm not asking for like, the Mona Lisa or anything, but is there anyone out there who might be able to lend a hand to me so I can grease the gears of this project and actually get it running once more?

This topic is now under my watch forever and learn from list.

I use 3ds Max but I haven't had the time in months to produce anything other than a neat looking sword (and we have enough of those in warframe right now...)

Thank you very much for joining us :) I'm pleased that you'd consider my work the sort of stuff you'd watch and learn from, it's quite a compliment. At the moment production is being a little bit slow because I'm still trying to requisition a good artist to help me out with some references, but I really hope to get some more content out at this week!

Great news! I have gotten someone to draw me a pretty stunning reference! I now have the ability to model and create a few frames in Blender. Expect some new content very soon! I'm getting started right now.

Edited by Stakhanov

I had this moved from the Fan Zone section to Fan Art as my request, in case anyone was wondering.

I'm still working on the above model, haven't had a great deal of time as of late due to being at work 6 days a week for the last 2 weeks, hasn't left me much time to work on this project, but I am slowly making progress, just to make sure you guys know I haven't abandoned this!

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see a fellow 3d artist working to remake Warframe models :)

I have a quest to do a animation with warframe characters. First step is to recreate some characters, notably Corpus crewmen and moas, Grineer and infested and a select few warframes.

What I havent done yet is to try to make weapons, only characters. Is there any chance I could have OBJ versions of your work?

I work in Sculptris for now, it´s the fastest way, even if it will mean to retopo etc down the line.

I have worked on Loki, Corpus Crewman and two fan units of Corpus so far. Not one is finished yet, but maby we can help each other out?

any progress so far its been awhile your last post on this thread stakhanov

I actually dont have any screenshots to share; I went on holiday for a while, then came back from holiday, only to found I'd contracted tonselitis, so my work time has been considerably slashed as a result of having to spend most of my time in bed or at the hospital for checkups. Not very nice.

This is still in the pipeline though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there a forum talking about ripping models from warframe? i.e. with Ninja Ripper or 3D Ripper DX

Im working on ripping models but also trying to get them more detailed using Displacement Mapping

Cheers in advance for any help