Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Suggestion

Izeck

I have a few suggestions for a new PvP mode.

Factions PvP (Infested, Corpus and Grineer... No Tenno)

Each planet has two factions you can choose from. You enter the arena, pick one of the two factions available for that arena and choose a character. Each faction character is an individual with it's own set of weapons, skills, attributes and level (No mods).

You have one character slots per faction, two default weapons (main and secondary) and two extra weapon slots per faction (More available with platinum purchase).

For the sake of keeping this as short as possible I will only talk about the Grineer faction.

Different named enemies in Warframe are so named by the weapons they use. In PvP they will only be classified by size, Light, Medium and Heavy, and their appearance per class will be purely cosmetic with customizable colors (Just like Warframes).

**** Classes and appearance ****

-Light: This class is the one to use if you like mobility. They are fast but can't take much punishment, so they rely on their speed and high fire rate weapons lke the Furax ,Grakata and vipers.

Visual appearance include: Sawman, Eviscerator, Scorpion... etc.

-Medium: The all around soldier. Uses heavier armor and can take more damage, but they move slower. This class can use all the weapons used by the light class and can also use medium sized weapons like the Hind, Ignis and Miter.

Visual appearance include: Lancer, Seeker, Scorch

-Heavy: The walking tank. This unit tosses out mobility for pure armor. They can take immense amounts of damage, but walk extremely slow. This unit can use any weapon any only use a heavy weapon type, such as a Flaming grenade launcher or an Ogris, as its primary, but can equip any light or medium weapon, such as a Grakata or Hind, as a secondary. How ever, it can not use melee weapons.

Visual appearance include: Bombard, Commander, Heavy Gunner

**** Characters and weapons ****

Each character you own will level up individually and as you work your way to level 60 (No supercharging here) you will unlock different skills and abilities.  As you level up you will choose what attributes to increase (Energy, Shields, Health, etc). This will bring variety and you can play the same class with different builds for different effect. For example, I can level a light unit with high amounts of shield so I can go toe to toe in a fire fight or I can build it for speed so I can do massive damage with hit and run melee.

Weapons will also level up and have their own attributes (Damage, reload speed, fire rate, etc). For example, I can level up two of the Vulkar sniper rifles with totally different builds. One as a crit build and another as pure damage.

**** Arena matches ****

We all love the classics. Capture the flag and team death match, but in the Warframe universe we have better things.

Imagine a PvP match based on the Famorian event, where team A tries to deliver a bomb to a ships core while the team B tries to stop them. If the team A manages to place the bomb team B has to try to disable it before time runs out.

How about a Mobile Defense PvP?

Imagine a 4 Tenno vs 10 Faction X defense PvP. We have the modes, all they need is a bit of tweaking.

No. What DE needs to do is more or less toss out ANY notion of working on PvP. Just stop any work on it, look at a lot of the feedback players have been giving, and focus on PvE, and fixing that before they work on PvP.

Here's my suggestion for PvP in Warframe:

Remove PvP.

The thing that you guys who are against PvP don't realize is that PvP is a great way to expand the life of a game. I personally dislike PvP to some extent, but Waframe has a lot of potential to have some kickass  and fun PvP.

There are many players (Me included) who have been playing Warframe for hundreds of hours. As awesome as the game is, without some form of extending the game it will not last very long. Why is it that some people can play the same MMO for years? It's not the awesome PvE, it's the PvP that keeps them there. Without it games like WoW would have died long ago.

The thing that you guys who are against PvP don't realize is that PvP is a great way to expand the life of a game. I personally dislike PvP to some extent, but Waframe has a lot of potential to have some kickass  and fun PvP..

What you're missing is that WF is a PvE game, and PvE is in a BAD spot. WF could have good PvP, but right now, it's the last thing the devs need to pay attention to.

There are many players (Me included) who have been playing Warframe for hundreds of hours. As awesome as the game is, without some form of extending the game it will not last very long. Why is it that some people can play the same MMO for years? It's not the awesome PvE, it's the PvP that keeps them there. Without it games like WoW would have died long ago.

I am one of those players, clocking in a "measly" 829 hours over the last few months. What the game needs is an endgame, a story, not PvP when it's a PvE focused game.

As for WoW, they have decent PvE, massive raids, good dungeons, etc. I'm sure some of the players have never touched PvP in WoW and STILL play for many hours on end.

And as for the eventual "WF needs PvP to live." argument:

Killing Floor. GG, game has been out for what, 7, 8 years and is pure PvE.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I agree that games DON'T need PvP to live, but since it was decided that they will add it to Warframe, might as well make it right. I am one of those players who never touched PvP in WoW and many other MMOs, but there is some PvP that does appeal to me. For example. I hate call of duty, but love battlefield and left 4 dead PvP. I have also clocked more than 800 hrs into games like Monster Hunter (no pvp at all).

I am not a PvPer, but if done right I will play it and enjoy it. And like I said, it is already in the game, might as well make it fun.

Edited by Izeck

No. What DE needs to do is more or less toss out ANY notion of working on PvP. Just stop any work on it, look at a lot of the feedback players have been giving, and focus on PvE, and fixing that before they work on PvP.

Why not? PvP adds a whole new dimension of gameplay depth to attract players with. The key is, in my opinion, keeping them completely seperate, for pure player vs player, or expanding it to a higher degree of PVPVE, where teams of players compete against each other for more than just highscores.

In regards to the PVP we currently have, the easy fix is to have EVERY weapon have seperate statistics for pvp. And by easy I don't actually mean easy, but it would keep them from breaking a weapon in PVE just to balance it in PVP. But I'll reserve judgement on that until after damage/armor 2.0.

Why not? PvP adds a whole new dimension of gameplay depth to attract players with. The key is, in my opinion, keeping them completely seperate, for pure player vs player, or expanding it to a higher degree of PVPVE, where teams of players compete against each other for more than just highscores.

The problem is that takes Dev's time, which is VERY VERY important. It takes time from fixing bugs, balancing PvE weapons/frames with needed buffs/nerfs/reworks. PvP is a tacked on feature in warframe, it's something that was shoehorned in to appease some people.

In regards to the PVP we currently have, the easy fix is to have EVERY weapon have seperate statistics for pvp. And by easy I don't actually mean easy, but it would keep them from breaking a weapon in PVE just to balance it in PVP. But I'll reserve judgement on that until after damage/armor 2.0.

"easy", minus the fact it would be like making an entire new game, ESPECIALLY as tiered weapons are being added. The time it would take for the devs to balance, to test would be crazy. If you think it would be easily done, you have no idea.

What you're missing is that WF is a PvE game, and PvE is in a BAD spot. WF could have good PvP, but right now, it's the last thing the devs need to pay attention to.

I am one of those players, clocking in a "measly" 829 hours over the last few months. What the game needs is an endgame, a story, not PvP when it's a PvE focused game.

As for WoW, they have decent PvE, massive raids, good dungeons, etc. I'm sure some of the players have never touched PvP in WoW and STILL play for many hours on end.

Killing floor is a completely different genre of game. It's entire gameplay and progression are based around ONE of WF's mission types. I enjoy it a great deal, but it doesn't have PvP because it was never designed to. It fills a niche market for shooter fans.

@WoW, "some players play for hours without ever touching pvp". Yeah, casuals don't play pvp. But to argue that we shouldn't have PVP just because some people would choose not to play it is inane. I sure as hell would.

The problem is that takes Dev's time, which is VERY VERY important. It takes time from fixing bugs, balancing PvE weapons/frames with needed buffs/nerfs/reworks. PvP is a tacked on feature in warframe, it's something that was shoehorned in to appease some people.

"easy", minus the fact it would be like making an entire new game, ESPECIALLY as tiered weapons are being added. The time it would take for the devs to balance, to test would be crazy. If you think it would be easily done, you have no idea.

Read my whole post, please. Obviously it's not easy. Balance never is. And it was implied in my post that you let PvP sit for a while till they get other nuances of the game polished.

Killing floor is a completely different genre of game. It's entire gameplay and progression are based around ONE of WF's mission types. I enjoy it a great deal, but it doesn't have PvP because it was never designed to. It fills a niche market for shooter fans.

@WoW, "some players play for hours without ever touching pvp". Yeah, casuals don't play pvp. But to argue that we shouldn't have PVP just because some people would choose not to play it is inane. I sure as hell would.

I'm not arguing against PvP period, I'm arguing against, PvP right now. PvE is the focus of the game, ergo, they should make sure it works, is polished, and has more than a grind to call content.

As for Killing floor, it is a PvE game. Might be different, but PvE is PvE. Or if you want to look at another PvE game, Borderlands 2. One of the most liked games (not as much as Ride to Hell: Retribution though (trololol)), and it's PvE. Yes, yes it has duels for loot and whatnot, but PvE is completely tacked on, and you don't see people playing it for the PvP.

As for WoW PvP vs PvE: What works in one, doesn't work in the other. You can say "People who don't play PvP are casuals", but no, that's not true. Would you say someone hitting level 90 in WoW is a casual? I wouldn't. PvP and PvE in WoW are two different game modes. You take your PvE build into a PvP place, you get wrecked. Take your PvP build into PvE, you get wrecked.

Read my whole post, please. Obviously it's not easy. Balance never is. And it was implied in my post that you let PvP sit for a while till they get other nuances of the game polished.

The amount of work it'll take WF to be going well and they can start looking at PvP is insane really. They have a full story to do, balance weapons/frames, etc. Suggesting PvP stuff right now is literally pointless. They're not even really taking ideas on it right now.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1