Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Delux concept "Puppet"

(PSN)dylan2911

Hi guys! 

I have an idea for a Mirage Delux skin. I've been trying to sketch some designs but honestly if it isn't a static object, I can't draw it. 

The idea is a Puppet theme. The helmet may resemble the head of a wooden doll and the body may have torn sheets of fabric across it. 

When casting abilities, strings made of energy would be pointing up from certain points on the frame, as if the frame is dangling on strings like a puppet. These strings would also appear on Mirage's reflections when Hall of mirrors is active. 

What wouldn't be done but would be very cool would be alternate casting animations for Mirage's first and last abilities. When casting her first ability, Mirage would dangle on the strings of the puppeteer like a lifeless doll and when casting her fourth ability, the prism hangs from strings on Mirage's hands like a puppet of its own. 

I'm sharing my idea because I really think it would work but also because I'm hoping that someone reading this who can actually draw people would be willing to sketch the concept. 

Thanks! I hope you like it! 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)dylan2911 said:

I have an idea for a Mirage Delux skin. I've been trying to sketch some designs but honestly if it isn't a static object, I can't draw it

You can draw just one viewpoint. Imagine you took a photograph of the frame and just draw that. At least with that people will know roughly what you are going for. Your description is very broad.

• Your picture can be fairly bad. I just think you need some visual aid to show what you want done.
Edited by krc473

29 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You can draw just one viewpoint. Imagine you took a photograph of the frame and just draw that. At least with that people will know roughly what you are going for. Your description is very broad.

• Your picture can be fairly bad. I just think you need some visual aid to show what you want done.

How would I add the images, I can't make it happen.

*A broad description leaves the design open for interpretation too, Though. Someone may have a better idea for the design than myself

Edited by (PS4)dylan2911

51 minutes ago, (PS4)dylan2911 said:

How would I add the images, I can't make it happen.

Upload them to Imgur or similar site then paste the link here.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)dylan2911 said:

*A broad description leaves the design open for interpretation too, Though. Someone may have a better idea for the design than myself

You are correct, to an extent. You description is too broad though. If your idea is literally anything ‘marionette themed’ then it is fine. Because that is basically what I got from your post: Make something with a marionette theme and add energy effects.

• It becomes not your idea. If I design it based on your ‘suggestion’ it would be completely my idea. You cannot really claim credit for just the theme.

Edit (I forgot to add): my question is essentially, what will make your suggestion unique? How would one differentiate it from the next skin with the same theme?

Edited by krc473

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Upload them to Imgur or similar site then paste the link here.

You are correct, to an extent. You description is too broad though. If your idea is literally anything ‘marionette themed’ then it is fine. Because that is basically what I got from your post: Make something with a marionette theme and add energy effects.

• It becomes not your idea. If I design it based on your ‘suggestion’ it would be completely my idea. You cannot really claim credit for just the theme.

Edit (I forgot to add): my question is essentially, what will make your suggestion unique? How would one differentiate it from the next skin with the same theme?

I understand your point and if such a skin was created and put in the game, credit would be nice and all but even if what is my initial idea but someone else's successful creation, they would have made something to be proud of and I would be proud too. Plus I would get to use a skin in game that the skeletal concept came from me which would be cool. 

I'm going to work deeper and longer on my idea and try to produce some workable images. 

Also everybody creates work inspired by others peoples work all the time. Giving inspiration to others is just a great as getting your own credit. I believe. 

Also I've been trying to upload some photos of my sketches but I've no idea why they won't work 😕

43 minutes ago, (PS4)dylan2911 said:

Also I've been trying to upload some photos of my sketches but I've no idea why they won't work 😕

Where are you trying to put them? These forums don’t accept images very well. I normally share them in Discord first, then ‘open link’ and copy the image from there. Then it can be pasted here.

• Any image hosting site works.

I do believe people have suggested a marionette/puppet concept for a frame previously. So, that is a possibility too.

Edited by krc473