The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maximum Glaive *now With Video

CaveCricket48

Ranking up the Power Throw doesn't seem to change anything.

There are a few theories about it though

1. Higher chance to puncture

2. More enemies can be punctured

3. More enemies close to eachother can be punctured, which would otherwise be considered too "thick" of a surface to pass through.

Personally, I didn't notice any change at all.

For the same reason OP stated, I maxed it just because I had enough points to do so.

Did anyone figure out what ranking up the Power Throw really does?

Flight speed would actually make sense for the Kestral.  However, I would like to see a heat-seeking mod for the Kestral, as opposed to a piercing one.  Basically, after the Kestral hits its first target (the player can still miss), it would seek out an additional target within a certain distance, and repeat this process until all bounces are used up. 

Why do this?  Because the Kestral is currently crap at defense missions (or any other situation in which groups of enemies are attacking).  The extra bounces rarely hit anything, and are extremely unpredictable.  It needs to reliably disable more than one person at a time if fully modded. 

It's Power Throw that doesn't make sense. A blunt weapon wouldn't Puncture enemies. Flight speed is the one was saying is Unneeded. I could see a form of short-range Heat Seek for Kestrel working out nicely though.

quick return isn't really needed. most of the time i toss my glaive it bounces once.

Do you have a Maxed Rebound? Granted I think that Rebound should read  +X bounces not -X bounces and Quick Return should be the -Bounces.

With maxed bounce reduction the glaive only bounces once.

Do you have a Maxed Rebound? Granted I think that Rebound should read  +X bounces not -X bounces and Quick Return should be the -Bounces.

With maxed bounce reduction the glaive only bounces once.

No with maxed reduction glaive doesnt bounce.

I am surprised no one has suggested this already in the thread with regard to unique Kestrel. Now that we have something like the vacuum effect on the carrier mod, it would be awesome to have that same effect applied to the kestrel as a nod to the item collecting ability of the boomerang in the Legend of Zelda series. I would never unequip it with that mod.

I am surprised no one has suggested this already in the thread with regard to unique Kestrel. Now that we have something like the vacuum effect on the carrier mod, it would be awesome to have that same effect applied to the kestrel as a nod to the item collecting ability of the boomerang in the Legend of Zelda series. I would never unequip it with that mod.

Ok, give me THAT over a Heat Seek mod any day. Totally going Legend of Zelda there I loved using the Boomerang to pick up stuff!

I have an almost similar mod loadout as the TS, but in place of Focus Energy I have North Wind so I can rip through shields and freeze anything that somehow survives.

Power Throw is amazing, I was able to bisect 7 Grineer in a single throw down a tight corridor, 4 on the initial launch and 3 on the way back.

For those looking for Whirlwind - got it from a Corrupted drop in T2 exterminate.

A question: since they switched funcion between Rebound and Quick Return...

which one is the "correct mod" for this build? We need more bounces or less bounces? :S

As mentioned earlier, -4 bounce mods for quicker tosses. Think if it like soul punch. Find a line or tight group and shoot for the middle. Tried running a mission with only this weapon (kappa) and got 212 toss kills. It certainly works! Remember that it always finds an angle to return to you. If you run around a lot while tossing it (try binding melee to middle mouse click) you can find different angles for the throw and return damage, making it possible to mop larger groups easily. This is very handy for forcing the glaive to go behind pesky shield lancers.

Ok so i slapped in Quick Return with -3 bounces at it defenetely worth it, i still miss Whirlwind and i didnt max Power Throw since on rank3 i can puncture 3 to 10 enemies at once...

I was thinking about removing Reflex Coil and add in a max'd Smite *faction* ... a 30% base dmg increase would help a lot since the charging speed it's already fast and helped by Focus Energy

Edited by Phoenix86

Yup, absurd cost and no real redeeming factors... i've met a few Kestrel's users... like <10 in over 200 hrs gameplay

Well as we said in this thread, give Kestrel some utility mods, like picking up items or a homing bouncing attack, heck what about a mod to let us manually control it's flight path?

Everyone in this game is obsessed with DPS and that shortsightedness really does lose out on some fun items, but some fun items have bad stats. TF2 Certainly did it well with having so many items, just not sure how to apply that to Warframe and still have some strength progression because of Mastery Rank.