Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veteran console player new in PC

ROCKYCRAYZO

Question

As the title says, Im a long time (5 years on and off), warframe console player. I recently bought a nice enough PC that I can play warframe on. Second daily reward I got a 75% plat discount so I bought the most expensive package.

But now Im here, with an excal and a frost prime and little to no mods, no endo, 2 planets cleared and it really feels overwhelming the amount of things I have to do to get close to having as much as I have over at console. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me so I can "skip" or at least rush through some of the low level content in the hopes of making the most of the 30 day boosters I got. Also if anyone sells some of the "mandatory" mods for not so expensive I'd gladly buy them, something of the likes of a R7 Serration, Split Chamber, max rank elemental mods, etc etc. I know they are not hard to get but just thinking about farming those or not having them everytime I get a new weapon kinda depresses me.  

5 answers to this question

Recruitment chat will likely be your best friend, most people take a taxi to whatever content they are trying to get to, such as sorties/nightwave challenges/etc that are far beyond their time constraints or capabilities. 

Edit: As far as necessities like mods, I'd avoid trade chat, since there are a lot of price gougers out there...most people interface with the warframe.market website to find items/mods/blueprints they are looking for.

Edited by Vaeldious

Go check out Brozime's Twitch channel.  He's been doing something called the Free-to-Playthrough, where he starts a fresh account and plays through with the knowledge of an experienced player.  He typically explains what he's going to do in each play session and why, and it's pretty interesting.

Members of Brozime's clan/Discord will also probably just give you a lot of the basic mods you need, I hear they're super friendly.

I was like you, moved to PC a few months ago, first thing I did with platinum I got was buying octavia

With Octavia you dont need weapons, so I did the entire chart with my mk1 weapons until I reached mr7 and started doing sorties where I decided to get proper primary/secondary/melee weapons. 

Took me 7 days to reach mr7, obviously, and by then I had already clear all maps.

You should join a clan and ask someone to taxi you to specific map points to complete the junctions, that will give you access to the next planet without having to clear all nodes but you probably know this.

Some steps you will need to do them on your own.

Its not bad, just time consuming, and regarding mods well, once I got my 75% discount i did the same thing as you, and bought a max serration, vitality, and few others as well as a good few anasas. 

It will take a while but you will get there. I stopped playing often on PC because I am in hopes that one day we will have cross -save but I still log in every week or so.

Edited by (PS4)El_Senior_Fats