Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phalanx Warframe

Kolos1001

1: Pike shot: Bullets have +1.0 puncture

2:Tactical Movement: Player recieves a speed boost and shields have no delay on recharge(Like Tyl Regor)

3:Rally: Team recieves bonus damage and armor based on how close together they are.

4:φ Formation: Creates two clones of the player each with half stats. If the player gets downed while his clones are alive, they will disappear and the player will be revived with 50% health.

4 seems OP

4s are supposed to be strong...The clones have to still be alive(Could have clones get bonus agro like decoy)

No offense but I don't like this very much and the suggestion is fairly barebones, although I am very hard to please.

If you could explain a bit more that would be great. If you mean simple...I just make succinct descriptions so it's easy to understand. Otherwise look at some of the current frames. Ember is...1 deal fire damage, 2 is deal fire damage, 3 is deal damage, 4 is deal fire damage. Not exactly the pinical of creativity but she's still fun to play.

Edited by Kolos1001

As a basic concept, it's quite interesting. As Dovahjim points out, it's not very fleshed out, but I can see great potential in this. Rally in particular, I love the idea of. Tactical Movement is potentially powerful with the shield regen buff, but depending on the magnitude of the speed boost I think it is fair. I'm a little skeptical of Pike Shot. Did you actually mean to put +1 puncture? Because it's usually measured with decimals, starting at 0.1 and going up. The problem with puncture as a first ability is that in the upper reaches it is far too powerful as a crowd control ability, unless the duration is like 3-5 seconds. Which isn't very exciting, although potentially quite tactically useful... could fit Phalanx pretty well, on second thought. But continuing the thought, the lower reaches aren't very useful against much more than shield lancers... getting through their shield is a plus but hardly worthy of an entire ability.

I'm a little hesitant about the ultimate. Yes, 4th's are supposed to be powerful, but cloning the player is something better avoided, because if it includes mods the clones are just too powerful and formidable, and if it doesn't they are too weak for use in a practical ability. I would suggest, instead, an appropriate AoE defensive buff that also makes revives faster within the area--not instantaneous, but only a second or perhaps two. It fits the formation thematically, and also stays fairly true to the original revival effect.

As a basic concept, it's quite interesting. As Dovahjim points out, it's not very fleshed out, but I can see great potential in this. Rally in particular, I love the idea of. Tactical Movement is potentially powerful with the shield regen buff, but depending on the magnitude of the speed boost I think it is fair. I'm a little skeptical of Pike Shot. Did you actually mean to put +1 puncture? Because it's usually measured with decimals, starting at 0.1 and going up. The problem with puncture as a first ability is that in the upper reaches it is far too powerful as a crowd control ability, unless the duration is like 3-5 seconds. Which isn't very exciting, although potentially quite tactically useful... could fit Phalanx pretty well, on second thought. But continuing the thought, the lower reaches aren't very useful against much more than shield lancers... getting through their shield is a plus but hardly worthy of an entire ability.

I'm a little hesitant about the ultimate. Yes, 4th's are supposed to be powerful, but cloning the player is something better avoided, because if it includes mods the clones are just too powerful and formidable, and if it doesn't they are too weak for use in a practical ability. I would suggest, instead, an appropriate AoE defensive buff that also makes revives faster within the area--not instantaneous, but only a second or perhaps two. It fits the formation thematically, and also stays fairly true to the original revival effect.

For puncture I was thinking 1.0 yes but with a short duration because it's your first ability. I know on Gaia and kiliken there are times where having 1 puncture for a few seconds can clear 5+ enemies pretty easily. So yes it's more of a tactical thing. 

I don't really think the 4th would be too strong with the clones having half stats and bonus agro. I mean look at nyx.

For puncture I was thinking 1.0 yes but with a short duration because it's your first ability. I know on Gaia and kiliken there are times where having 1 puncture for a few seconds can clear 5+ enemies pretty easily. So yes it's more of a tactical thing. 

I don't really think the 4th would be too strong with the clones having half stats and bonus agro. I mean look at nyx.

Ok, I get get behind Pike Shot then, sounds good. However, comparing this ability you've suggested to Nyx as justification is a mistake. Yes, she has a mass-effect ability to 'control' enemies, but they will still attack you and your squad if you make yourself a higher target priority than the other people. And yes, she can take control of an enemy, which at higher levels can be powerful but is countered by the fact that the other enemies are equally scaled up.

The clones with half-stats are far too powerful or too weak, depending on the limitations you place on them. Their offensive capabilities would be unmatched by any other summon, and if you limit them to a defensive application then they're just lackluster, especially with extra aggro to knock them out of commission quickly. This goes double if you allow your mods to affect the clones. Player clones will likely never be implemented because they are simply too hard to balance, especially as they scale. An ability that summons these clones and provides a significant survivability bonus in the process is simply too powerful even for an ultimate.

Ok, I get get behind Pike Shot then, sounds good. However, comparing this ability you've suggested to Nyx as justification is a mistake. Yes, she has a mass-effect ability to 'control' enemies, but they will still attack you and your squad if you make yourself a higher target priority than the other people. And yes, she can take control of an enemy, which at higher levels can be powerful but is countered by the fact that the other enemies are equally scaled up.

The clones with half-stats are far too powerful or too weak, depending on the limitations you place on them. Their offensive capabilities would be unmatched by any other summon, and if you limit them to a defensive application then they're just lackluster, especially with extra aggro to knock them out of commission quickly. This goes double if you allow your mods to affect the clones. Player clones will likely never be implemented because they are simply too hard to balance, especially as they scale. An ability that summons these clones and provides a significant survivability bonus in the process is simply too powerful even for an ultimate.

I think it would be balanced if they limited them to melee only.