Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pre-emptive Railjack/Archwing/Empyrean Feedback: Optional Muffling?

(XBOX)RPColten

Small preemptive feedback based on the second Railjack/Empyrean Tennocon based reveal.

From an immersion and setting perspective, the option to apply a muffling/muting filter over external sounds (enemy/ally engine noise, explosions, weapon fire, environmental events, etc), essentially everything happening outside the players current ship (Whether ally or enemy based), could be a significant boon to creating a more immersive and 'authentic' space-based experience.

It's clear that George and everyone on the sound team take great pleasure in the work they do (Which is amazing work!), and it's understandable if they feel it's better to provide rich and expressive audio in place of audio that would be the equivalent of pressing the mute button.

In short, a settings option for muffling the audio from external sources when in vacuum sections of Railjack/Empyrean/Archwing?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

first time i ever saw in pop culture the use of "no sound in space" was the movie Akira, and after that, every time i saw a movie (or any storytelling medium) and didnt adhere to that rule, i would scream "there's no sound in space!" so yeah, i like your idea, from an immersion perspective!