Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spira Prime's drilling animation and mesh are wrong

NightmareT12

This has been bothering me for a few years now, but I wanted to make sure I had enough material reference to showcase how that should work.

Long story short: The Spira Prime drills (only the drills!) are built wrong. First of all, right now the spin animation itself is clockwise. It's meant to go the other way around. Secondly, the mesh and textures of the drill part are currently inverted to how drills work, and should be mirrored, which I hope is an easy process to do.

Drills work using the same rules as the right hand rule:

Right_hand_rule_simple.png

I believe the picture above showcases clearly how it's supposed to be: The drill spins counterclockwise, in the direction of the hand 4 fingers, while the thumb indicates the drill will penetrate the surface.

Another good example is in this video, minute 1:05:

Right now, it's all going in the opposite direction though:

IdnFo7z.png

I mirrored the image in Photoshop for a quick mockup of what's meant to look like. Please notice the drill textures and possibly the mesh are also mirrored (flipped horizontally), which is required to properly fix:

Qe9WZGT.png

I'm hoping this can be properly fixed, because right now it wouldn't be able to pierce even water 😅 . Thanks for your time! 🙂

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

I'll be honest, the color channels is what bothers me the most about the Spira Prime. The metallics are barely visible, and they're on the primary? Why are they on the primary? Why is the main color for the drill and the pouches on the accent channel?

25 minutes ago, OkamiA said:

I'll be honest, the color channels is what bothers me the most about the Spira Prime. The metallics are barely visible, and they're on the primary? Why are they on the primary? Why is the main color for the drill and the pouches on the accent channel?

That's a good question, and the funny thing is that it follows the logical order, but like a countdown. What I mean:

Current tinting:

3pGkTwI.jpg

The tint channel order is always Red (primary), Green (secondary), Blue (tertiary) and Magenta (accents).

But this is what we usually expect for all Prime items and how most are:

Fuz5d0A.jpg

Notice the order of the tint channels? They're upside down, like a countdown: 4, 3, 2, 1.

Found it funny lol

Edited by NightmareT12

• 1 month later...

Bump to prevent topic archiving, as this is still happening. As a note, it seems the mesh for the drills of the Spira Prime were fine on release and what was going backwards was actually the animation, but on attempting to fix it the mesh/textures were mirrored instead of the animation.