The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Long Throwing Weapons Are Going To Be Op?

AlienOvermind

No, simple damage nerf is kinda wrong. It's just all weapons have some drawbacks: machineguns have slow reload and high recoil (like gorgon), powerful weapons have low firerate (like orgis), shotguns are effective only on small distance. And throwing weapons have no drawbacks and that's kinda unfair. So, semi-auto and small magazine size would be enough to make it normal weapons, not a faceroll weapons.

Crappy ammo economy, arcing flight path and non hit-scan, and lower DPS than non armor-ignoring weapons? An Aklato has higher DPS than the knives against un-armored targets and its a credit weapon. A Dual Vasto has over double it's DPS.

If armor 2.0 works like how I read (Some parts will be armored, some will have 0 armor), that pretty much makes all serrated blade and physics impact weapons awful as it is.

Crappy ammo economy, arcing flight path and non hit-scan, and lower DPS than non armor-ignoring weapons? An Aklato has higher DPS than the knives against un-armored targets and its a credit weapon. A Dual Vasto has over double it's DPS.

Okay, Dual Vasto can fire faster than Despair, and reload slower, so it's somewhat comparable. But still Despair is better because it's full-auto. So, trigger type should be changed anyway.

Okay, Dual Vasto can fire faster than Despair, and reload slower, so it's somewhat comparable. But still Despair is better because it's full-auto. So, trigger type should be changed anyway.

Semi-auto changes nothing except that it necessitates using a macro/mouse wheeling. Akbolto fires 50% faster than Hikou does and its semi.

Semi-auto changes nothing except that it necessitates using a macro/mouse wheeling. Akbolto fires 50% faster than Hikou does and its semi.

Changes nothing, yeah. Then you dont mind if full-auto will be changed to semi-auto, right?

Actually macro is close to a cheat. Something, that is not intented to be used. So, your agrument is invalid.

Despair is way too easy to get.

Well that's relative cause it's too dependent on RNG. Took me about 40 hours to get them. 30 hours more for Hate

OT: Armor/Damage 2.0 will indirectly nerf all AI/AP weapons if I understood Scott correctly. It seems AI/AP will not be able to exceed 100% and will just replace normal damage instead of stacking on it (so if a weapon deals 10 damage per shot but has 60% AP mod on, 6 of that damage will be unaffected by armor while 4 will be reduced by whatever armor the target may have). AP may still increase damage to Grinizzle by 50% though

Edited by WhisperByte

Changes nothing, yeah. Then you dont mind if full-auto will be changed to semi-auto, right?

Actually macro is close to a cheat. Something, that is not intented to be used. So, your agrument is invalid.

Macros have been approved by the DE team, that isn't an invalid argument at all. Acrid is semi and people just macro fire it at  near it's theoretical fire rate anyway. The only thing making it semi will do is royal tick-off people that hate having to click repeatedly.

Oh, what you really mean by "balance" is just nerf them to the point of them being unsuable, so that we have another shelf weapon that no one will ever want to use again because it was overnerfed. Remember the Gorgon? 

That seems like a great idea.

<Sarcasm>Yeah, I want all players to suffer.</Sarcasm>

Honestly its pretty silly. Mouse wheeling and macros are approved by DE for it, so that essentially makes semi-autos the same as auto except that you have to go find a third party program to do it. Whats the point of it then? Why not just have those weapons as auto and save people the trouble?

OP, You do realize majority of players are not hardcore gamer and choose to enjoy a well balanced game right? They just came to kill some time and then leave and forget this game even exist at all. About the balance, nothing much to talk about, warframe suffer bad balancing for quite some time already. Prefer to just play it my way, enjoy any weapon i can get and don't care much about UP or OP weapon anymore.

Devs are just being too nice on you, lazy clickers. Why did they make semi-auto in the first place? Let's just ask devs to make all weapons full-auto. Really.

Well from a realism perspective, a revolver or throwing knife is not automatic. From a gameplay advantage, burst and semi-auto simply offer nothing over auto. An Auto can be used as both semi and burst. A semi can be used as auto with mouse wheeling. Burst can be used as neither semi nor auto.

I already use Hikou as semi against infested because its a waste of ammo to do otherwise.

Semi works for something like Lex or Seer. It doesn't really suit anything over a base fire rate of 5.

Edited by Servanin

Not quite sure what to think about this thread.

Really, the thrown weapons are miles above some of the other things we have available in the game... but they really aren't that spectacular when you compare them to the real bad boys of the God tier (Acrid says hello).

It all just depends on what you want the game balanced on. Killing a level ~100+ Ancient with any of the throwing weapons is still a chore (still compared to an Acrid or Flux or alike). On the flipside they all pretty much destroy everything low to mid level.

If you have a problem with that a) dont use them b) ask for a mastery lock on them.

No reason to nerf a useful high level weapon just to cater to low levels. Then again the problem may just go away with armor 2.0.

"Waaah people keep killing everything before I get a chance Waaah too op nerf pls."

I'm so sick and tired of hearing people complain and rant about any weapon or warframe that is above average.

a) Some weapons are MEANT to be more powerful than others.

b) It is your own choice not to use them or any weapons better than throwing weapons. Don't cry OP just because you're too bone-headed to see past that.

c) Stop trying to nerf everything into the ground to satisfy your own needs. Making everything below average is not the route to go.

Full-auto Despair can easy beat your semi-auto Acrid in DPS terms.

Did you even use the Acrid? Poison damage type that ignores armor, DoT that stacks with every shot for 4 seconds each. The DPS output is highly superior vs Despair or Kunai.

Not quite sure what to think about this thread.

Really, the thrown weapons are miles above some of the other things we have available in the game... but they really aren't that spectacular when you compare them to the real bad boys of the God tier (Acrid says hello).

It all just depends on what you want the game balanced on. Killing a level ~100+ Ancient with any of the throwing weapons is still a chore (still compared to an Acrid or Flux or alike). On the flipside they all pretty much destroy everything low to mid level.

If you have a problem with that a) dont use them b) ask for a mastery lock on them.

No reason to nerf a useful high level weapon just to cater to low levels. Then again the problem may just go away with armor 2.0.

Acrid and Flux have their reason to be outperforming the throwing knives since they are from a higher tier. Mastery Rank 6 and 7.

Kunai and Despair are highly superior vs a lot of weapons that actually require a higher amount of Mastery or a similar amount which is unbalanced. Kunai is Mastery Rank 2. And Despair is 0. This is just power creep/bad tiering so either buff the Mastery Rank requirement or nerf it.

Edited by R3leaZ

"Waaah people keep killing everything before I get a chance Waaah too op nerf pls."

I'm so sick and tired of hearing people complain and rant about any weapon or warframe that is above average.

a) Some weapons are MEANT to be more powerful than others.

b) It is your own choice not to use them or any weapons better than throwing weapons. Don't cry OP just because you're too bone-headed to see past that.

c) Stop trying to nerf everything into the ground to satisfy your own needs. Making everything below average is not the route to go.

Talk for yourself. DE said that Warframe's are supposed to be all balanced to each other since there are no tier differences in Warframes only in weapons. Currently some weapons are also more overpowered/underpowered vs another from the same tier which is very broken. Expect their mastery restriction to increase/decrease  or expect a nerf/buff. One or the other it's part of balancing the game and it's a necessity.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/108838-de-look-at-your-weapons-breath-slowly-reassign-mastery-rank-requirements/

Edited by R3leaZ

idk wheres your point O.o the stats of the weapons sticks if their physics  fast reload = god da´mn you stick your hand in the back pack and get a new stack without magazine and finger it in and load the first bullet

high dmg where are @(*()$ ALIEN NINJAS O.o HELLO you saw the finisher and the jump high i dont wanna get a fist punch out of it next thats a re sharp blades made out of special matrial and not a kinky little steel knife :o

only thing i would nerf at the the travel speed and may the ankle they fall off so its harder to aim but dmg wise no way depsair are hard to gain O.o there a re enjoy weapons that sucks to farm gain build and lvl after ward you sell them cause there useless

or basacilly yea at mastery ranks but nerf here buff there only throws the reason ppl builded some weapons over board like the little ember Q.Q i dont care to absorn less dmg but add 200 aura dmg at that range without any other side effect.. sucks :o

Edited by HackShield

Talk for yourself. DE said that Warframe's are supposed to be all balanced to each other since there are no tier differences in Warframes only in weapons. Currently some weapons are also more overpowered/underpowered vs another from the same tier which is very broken. Expect their mastery restriction to increase/decrease  or expect a nerf/buff. One or the other it's part of balancing the game and it's a necessity.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/108838-de-look-at-your-weapons-breath-slowly-reassign-mastery-rank-requirements/

In a perfect world, maybe. That's obviously not the case. At most, they should make the mastery for kunai higher, not nerf it into the ground like everyone wants. I don't expect a MK-Braton to do nearly as well as a sobek or a miter and it's foolish to want either of them to be at the same level as the braton. There's a reason why a default weapon shouldn't compare to the weapons that require more work to get.