Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert Wyrm's Crowd Dispersion

R3leaZ

Well most of you might have noticed Crowd Dispersion has been changed from knockback to ragdoll. Sure I would have loved ragdoll if it actually worked properly but currently it is broken as hell. I'd prefer them to revert the changes and make the stagger longer rather than making them completely paralyzed and fall on their face while also becoming immune to damage due to the broken ragdoll hitboxes...

AoE abilities often can hit the ragdolled target since.. Well it isn't that hard to hit if everything is getting hit. projectile or hitscan weapons have trouble hitting ragdolled enemies though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbUWxiF3cAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbUWxiF3cAI

Added annotations to help. Keep in mind that my Braton Vandal normally can kill most of those enemies in a split second but that isn't happening at all.

Edited by R3leaZ

I've personally had no problem damaging them while they were ragdolled. Maybe I'm just magic?

It might be related to client vs host. With hosts not having issues at all hitting them and damage appearing while with clients the ragdolled enemy will start to spasm extremely and damage numbers or health loss won't appear at all.

Edited by R3leaZ

It might be related to client vs host. With hosts not having issues at all hitting them and damage appearing while with clients the ragdolled enemy will start to spasm extremely and damage numbers or health loss won't appear at all.

I can hit them, while their ragdolled, when i'm not host.

Don't touch Wyrmy. 

AFAIK ragdolled enemies do not show any damage number, but can still be damaged and killed.

I can't remember which Warframe's skill ragdolls enemies (I believe Banshee's Sonic Boom, also Nekros' Soul Punch does that if it doesn't kill the target), and I could kill them with no trouble while they were down.

Edited by Vintovka

AFAIK ragdolled enemies do not show any damage number, but can still be damaged and killed.

I can't remember which Warframe's skill ragdolls enemies (I believe Banshee's Sonic Boom, also Nekros' Soul Punch does that if it doesn't kill the target), and I could kill them with no trouble while they were down.

You forgot Pull and Crush

You can hit them? But do you see damage appear?

You do realize that damage numbers are very broken when you aren't the host right?

You have to look at the health bar to see the damage instead of numbers when you aren't the host. This gets better or worse depending on how good the host is, but it's universal.

Wrong, enemies are fully invincible while ragdolled. I tested it several times.

I have been finding Ragdolling more annoying than helpful recently.  Sure it looks cool but it just makes a mess of things.

Also, ragdolled enemies are not fully invincible when ragdolled, I have tested it.  The best way to test for yourself is to get on Mag, go to a 40+ planet and spam pull.  40+'s take about two Pulls to kill, the first one flings them into the air in their ragdolled state and the second one will kill them while they are still ragdolled.

acrid can hit ragdoll.

my soma seems to hit only the floor on doing so...

The thread that litlit posted shows that physics impact weapons can still hit the ragdolls. (Aka weapons like Boltor, Kunai, Acrid, Gremlins, Glaive/Kestrel. Weapons that use projectiles instead of hitscan.)

Edited by R3leaZ

That's not quite true; I haven't been able to damage ragdolled enemies with the Lanka or Despair.

The only weapons that I (and my group) have personally confirmed to damage ragdolled enemies when used as a client are: Twin Gremlins, Kestrel, and Ak Boltos.

That's not quite true; I haven't been able to damage ragdolled enemies with the Lanka or Despair.

The only weapons that I (and my group) have personally confirmed to damage ragdolled enemies when used as a client are: Twin Gremlins, Kestrel, and Ak Boltos.

Aha, thanks for the correction.

I've been a Wyrm "zealot" for quite some time; he AIDS in killing enemies more than any other of the sentinels, which is how I like it. The ragdolling, though, makes it a chore to kill things. Even if the damage counts (which is only in solo, in my experience), I still have to take the time to aim to wherever the body fell. If that's on a staircase or cliff, I can just consider that kill gone.

The only time this ability is as useful as it was is when the time it takes for the enemy to get back up is a great deal longer than the time it takes to kill said enemy (i.e. level 100+, depending on your weapons), because you may as well have killed it.

I can't help but feel that the devs are looking at ragdolling as a go-to for satisfaction, starting with the Kogake (which was actually handled well), leading into Mag (handled not-so-well), and now to Wyrm. Yes, it's fancy and extremely entertaining at times, and hell, if it actually worked dependably, I may change my mind. But, as it stands, ragdolling is just a gimmick.

I hope they revert Wyrm to his previous state, at least until they fix the ragdoll physics. I will not be using Crowd Dispersion until either action is taken.

Recently in Adventures With Wyrm I've noticed that I can still damage the target but the numbers don't show up, which is confusing. I think the best solution, which I've suggested before, is to make it a knockdown. Not a stagger, because it's too short and easy to avoid noticing, and not a ragdoll because ragdolling comes with some general whackiness.

Knockdown is good and reliable, a plenty good option when ragdolls don't really add to the feel of the skill.