Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

On 2023-08-28 at 10:59 PM, Yrkul said:

And that's what is most important about it, finding a look you find yourself at home in.

I still have a few lighter colour shirts/t-s for certain social interaction, and my old smithing/welding/carpentry clothes are mid-blue (because when that lathe sends a piece of metal your way, you want to wear a colour that shows blood). Sometimes function>preference, after all.

Indeed, being comfortable with what you wear is the best. I remember working with lathes from gymnasium, clothe choice matters a lot, and in that case better to be safe than sorry (or in the worst case, dead). Just like garden work or doing stuff with the car, it gets dirty quick.

On 2023-08-29 at 5:38 AM, (XBOX)AntiCaesar said:

This is still going?

Threadnought Prime is stronk!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tali said:

Indeed, being comfortable with what you wear is the best. I remember working with lathes from gymnasium, clothe choice matters a lot, and in that case better to be safe than sorry (or in the worst case, dead). Just like garden work or doing stuff with the car, it gets dirty quick.

You had machinework in the gymnasium? Now I really feel old. All we had was... math! Ok, kidding a bit. We still had arts classes, but the majority of classes were foundational for getting into academia, like physics, chemistry, history, languages and, well, math. I did take basic metalwork after the gymnasium (machinework, smithing, electrics, plumbing and welding), so I should be able to keep pace in practicality and versatility. Tried milling a blade for a twohanded sword, but that... didn't work out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yrkul said:

You had machinework in the gymnasium? Now I really feel old. All we had was... math! Ok, kidding a bit. We still had arts classes, but the majority of classes were foundational for getting into academia, like physics, chemistry, history, languages and, well, math. I did take basic metalwork after the gymnasium (machinework, smithing, electrics, plumbing and welding), so I should be able to keep pace in practicality and versatility. Tried milling a blade for a twohanded sword, but that... didn't work out.

Yes, it is one of several you can choose from on the last year IIRC, other being electronics, textile working and some others I don't remember. I wasn't the best student, but it was interesting to work with, and ever since I have dreamed about owning a lathe and a milling machine, though for wood and not metal (as metal is way harder and more expensive to work with).
Just like they also offer Astronomy as an elective subject, if there are enough students for a class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tali said:

Yes, it is one of several you can choose from on the last year IIRC, other being electronics, textile working and some others I don't remember. I wasn't the best student, but it was interesting to work with, and ever since I have dreamed about owning a lathe and a milling machine, though for wood and not metal (as metal is way harder and more expensive to work with).
Just like they also offer Astronomy as an elective subject, if there are enough students for a class.

Astronomy? Where did you go? Hogwarts? 😆

Blimey! I did go on one of the more prestigious gymnasiums, so they were a bit... traditional in their choice of subjects. Then again, that was probably also a bit further back than your time. As I said... I feel old.

I'm looking at a manual roller for making sheets and wire from metal. I'm already casting in metal, and with one of these, I can make sheets of soft metal for modelling everything from damaged armour plating and hand made shields, to banners and drapery. Still, I need a new futon, and my old CRT tv is on its dying leg... Sooo, one more thing for the list.

71-GbBWfk2S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Got the duplex printer up and running again, so I can continue with my archival project. The plan is to get all articles in my library into A5 booklet format, colour coded and sorted into subjects. It will make it easier to find what I need for my research, and keep open on sections I need to reference. As an extra bonus, they'll take up about a quarter of the usual ringbinder space in this format.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sporthand said:

OK_thumb.jpg

And, salary does not require the Turin test!

You are just jealous of me, Mr. 

That one also went right over your head, just like last time.

Ironic, that someone working with AI is struggling with human interaction and comprehension. Unless you're sitting behind shoddy translator software and a cultural wall. That would explain a lot.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

That one also went right over your head, just like last time.

Ironic, that someone working with AI is struggling with human interaction and comprehension. Unless you're sitting behind shoddy translator software and a cultural wall. That would explain a lot.

I am just doing my jobs under supervision at my school, hospitals, and companies. I had a good meal with the CEO yesterday. Besides, half of us in our research lab are foreign-born. I have no issue with human interaction and comprehension. As you doubt, I don't use any translating software.  

Edited by Sporthand

1 hour ago, Sporthand said:

I am just doing my jobs under supervision at my school, hospitals, and companies.

You are also working on tools for surveilance, oppression and persecution, as you bragged about a few pages back. You were ok with the collateral damage, the wrongful incarcerations, the families stripped of providers. You've also been rather flippant about your work's detrimental impact on other people's professions, livelihoods and properies.

I had a good meal with the CEO yesterday.

An odd, unwarrented flex, like so many other of your posts. Why all this fishing for recognition? Compensating for something?

Besides, half of us in our research lab are foreign-born.

Most academic institutions are multi-national by now. Without a large enough flow of ideas and perspectives, fields of study tends to stagnate.

I have no issue with human interaction and comprehension.

Casual interaction, perhaps. But you are having a really hard time with basic rhetorics, as well as didactics, decorum and empathy. Besides, your responses come across as formulaic and stilted, and you sometimes have these weird non-sequitors that defy normal interaction patterns. You also repeatedly demonstrate an inability to "read the room".

As you doubt, I don't use any translating software.  

While I can't remember seeing spelling errors in your posts, I sometimes see bad syntax, and at times a sentence just stops in the middle. Again, weird language patterns, and while certain peculiarities (like the one above) can be attributed to national/cultural linguistic characteristica, others should not be present in sentences by someone working in an academic level environment. And I'm speaking as a non-native speaker myself. If I were to submit a report or paper, containing those linguistic oddities, I'd get it flung right back in my face and yelled at to redo, proofread twice and not screw up again.

All in all, with every post you truly demonstrate, that ChatGPT can do your work. Even post on a forum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yrkul said:

You are also working on tools for surveilance, oppression and persecution, as you bragged about a few pages back. You were ok with the collateral damage, the wrongful incarcerations, the families stripped of providers. You've also been rather flippant about your work's detrimental impact on other people's professions, livelihoods and properies.

An odd, unwarrented flex, like so many other of your posts. Why all this fishing for recognition? Compensating for something?

Most academic institutions are multi-national by now. Without a large enough flow of ideas and perspectives, fields of study tends to stagnate.

Casual interaction, perhaps. But you are having a really hard time with basic rhetorics, as well as didactics, decorum and empathy. Besides, your responses come across as formulaic and stilted, and you sometimes have these weird non-sequitors that defy normal interaction patterns. You also repeatedly demonstrate an inability to "read the room".

While I can't remember seeing spelling errors in your posts, I sometimes see bad syntax, and at times a sentence just stops in the middle. Again, weird language patterns, and while certain peculiarities (like the one above) can be attributed to national/cultural linguistic characteristica, others should not be present in sentences by someone working in an academic level environment. And I'm speaking as a non-native speaker myself. If I were to submit a report or paper, containing those linguistic oddities, I'd get it flung right back in my face and yelled at to redo, proofread twice and not screw up again.

All in all, with every post you truly demonstrate, that ChatGPT can do your work. Even post on a forum.

It is just the beginning after I created my prototypes. My creation aims to arrest runaway criminals in our community. I hope the baddies don't get away from prisons when they commit a crime. I was thinking of this movie scene when I created it and published a Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) journal.

Later, the mutant neural network will be released. I don't know what will happen. 😅

My boss does not choose any students. He chooses only students based on their talents. Mostly, he chooses Indians, Japanese, Koreans, and Taiwanese.

He rarely selects locals in the US these days.

I don't use ChatGPT for this forum. Why do I need to use ChatGPT when I chat here casually? I only choose ChatGPT when I work at my desk!

Edited by Sporthand