Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

We are now at a point, where the Hollywood screenwriters & actors view AI as a threat to their livelyhoods. Is that a testament to the ability of AI at the time of writing, or the lack thereof of said writers/actors? 🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yrkul said:

We are now at a point, where the Hollywood screenwriters & actors view AI as a threat to their livelyhoods. Is that a testament to the ability of AI at the time of writing, or the lack thereof of said writers/actors? 🤣

Both! I am using chatGPT to do programming for my AI research. We are developing AI programs, which will make us unemployed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sporthand said:

Both! I am using chatGPT to do programming for my AI research. We are developing AI programs, which will make us unemployed.

Isn't that like eating your own arm to stave off hunger?

One assessment I still see reinforced is, that in regards to creative areas, results are mediocre at best. Should this tendency continue, one could argue that the only ones at risk of becoming truly obsolete are average performers. Those capable of creating works the like of Tolkien, Mozart or Rembrandt would still be in demand. Same goes for analytical work in complex, dynamic environments, where circumstances keep changing, and the factual foundations are subject to constant revision/correction.

It would then be prudent to get really good at what you do. Unfortunately, using tools that do the work for you will limit your capabilities to learn past a certain level.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

one could argue that the only ones at risk of becoming truly obsolete are average performers. Those capable of creating works the like of Tolkien, Mozart or Rembrandt would still be in demand.

Bit of a stretch to call non Tolkien, Mozart or Rembrandt folk average performers lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L3512 said:

Bit of a stretch to call non Tolkien, Mozart or Rembrandt folk average performers lol.

Creators of classics out of the top of my head.

Don't be pedantic. It is not flattering.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Isn't that like eating your own arm to stave off hunger?

One assessment I still see reinforced is, that in regards to creative areas, results are mediocre at best. Should this tendency continue, one could argue that the only ones at risk of becoming truly obsolete are average performers. Those capable of creating works the like of Tolkien, Mozart or Rembrandt would still be in demand. Same goes for analytical work in complex, dynamic environments, where circumstances keep changing, and the factual foundations are subject to constant revision/correction.

It would then be prudent to get really good at what you do. Unfortunately, using tools that do the work for you will limit your capabilities to learn past a certain level.

It saves an amount of time for developing research. And, I am learning source codes in detail, as chatGPT explains. The source code is not complete from chatGPT, so I need to solve problems by myself. I wonder when the government and companies don't fund us, stopping my work. 

Edited by Sporthand
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yrkul said:

"laughs in space marine"

And I published one more journal, in which my AI system detects pig interactions in the pig farm industry yesterday. 
And, now developing Human abnormal behavior recognition.

Edited by Sporthand
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tali said:

Too bad what happened to Astartes channel and their content. Their work is excellent and I am not into Warhammer.

For Syama it was apparently a dream come true, doing what he did for a living. When Games Workshop went for other channels, it was viewed more like an attempt to strongarm creators either to fall in line, or to silence them. A lot of animators felt put off and intimidated by GW's behaviour, and most of them simply stopped, rather than risking lawsuit. GW is known to have become increasingly litigious over the years, as ironic as it may be.

SODAZ made a nice short animation as well.

• Like 1