Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

17 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Oddly enough, the amount of people with my taste in colour in my social circle through the years can be counted on one hand. Family and friends are usually clad casually or for outdoors. My mom was mostly into earth colours and purple. So many things in my childhood got painted purple. 😄 One of my ex's loved canarie yellow. So I can't say I absorbed colour preferences from those around me. And I was wearing primarily black ever since I started buying my own clothes. Had a love for camo a couple of years, and when I was bodybuilding/weightlifting, I had a hard time finding clothes in black that were big enough. But apart from that...

In my childhood I used to wear all black, but that has changed with the years, now I limit black to mostly pants. Even more so now that I found the right path for myself

• Like 1

On 2023-08-27 at 3:30 PM, Tali said:

In my childhood I used to wear all black, but that has changed with the years, now I limit black to mostly pants. Even more so now that I found the right path for myself

And that's what is most important about it, finding a look you find yourself at home in.

I still have a few lighter colour shirts/t-s for certain social interaction, and my old smithing/welding/carpentry clothes are mid-blue (because when that lathe sends a piece of metal your way, you want to wear a colour that shows blood). Sometimes function>preference, after all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dangerdragon117 said:

shub_niggurath is hot

dfd9e8db6b9c68410e0adf959a001ae1439cd258

Ia! Shub-Niggurath!

I made a mistake. I searched for "sexy Shub-Niggurath".....

I should never have done that.

There's... fan fiction! I need more mind bleach!

Edited by Yrkul
Regrets
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

how am I supposed to pronounce this

Ni-gu-ra-th.

Not even the worst in the pantheon, though.

Cthulhu.

Yog-Sothoth.

Nietzsche.

Worst thing is, I don't even need to look up the spellings anymore.

I am lost.

• Like 1

On 2023-08-26 at 4:59 AM, Sporthand said:

Funny how you try to reinforce your argument with a small snippet, while the video in its entirety undermines it. What can be inferred from it, start to finish, is that 1) There is a problem with AI developers technically stealing the work of others to build their product on, and 2) That the parasites of Big Tech, like Tim Cook or the Zuckerborg, should NOT be let near the process of legislation in this matter.

It should also be pointed out, that politicians in general are technically inept, and rely on expert and lobbyist input. That means a lot of uninformed and manipulated initiatives, with the back-and-forth of Section 230 being a prime example.

For a more nuanced look at the problem:

I find it hillarious, that the self-aggrandizing, abrasive and vindictive nature of a certain group of people, that he describes and presents examples of, is in full display in this thread.

12 hours ago, Sporthand said:

On 2023-08-19 at 2:40 PM, Sporthand said:

UJDYStW.jpg

I was using ChatGPT for my work. It took one week to develop our project, which was expected to be done in three weeks.

Oh, the irony.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Funny how you try to reinforce your argument with a small snippet, while the video in its entirety undermines it. What can be inferred from it, start to finish, is that 1) There is a problem with AI developers technically stealing the work of others to build their product on, and 2) That the parasites of Big Tech, like Tim Cook or the Zuckerborg, should NOT be let near the process of legislation in this matter.

It should also be pointed out, that politicians in general are technically inept, and rely on expert and lobbyist input. That means a lot of uninformed and manipulated initiatives, with the back-and-forth of Section 230 being a prime example.

I find it hillarious, that the self-aggrandizing, abrasive and vindictive nature of a certain group of people, that he describes and presents examples of, is in full display in this thread.

Oh, the irony.

What I am hearing from you is:
giphy.gif

You are just blaming people who do their job.  

Edited by Sporthand

45 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Oh, the irony.

Watching this guy gloat about helping develop The Patriots from MGS is like watching a small child play with a loaded gun. I don't know what will exactly happen, I just know the end result won't be pretty.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sporthand said:

What I am hearing from you is:
giphy.gif

You are just blaming people who do their job.  

Ok. That went WAY over your head, by the looks of it. Let me point something out, so even you can understand it.

You've already claimed, that ChatGPT is making it possible for one person to do the work of three in your line of work.

On 2023-08-19 at 2:40 PM, Sporthand said:

I was using ChatGPT for my work. It took one week to develop our project, which was expected to be done in three weeks.

That means, that once its implementation becomes mainstream, there will effectively be three times the necessary amount of people in your field. And that's only at this stage of development. Even if demand on researchers were to rise for a time, further development will speed up work capacity further and further, undermining job prospects in your field. Your field is about to become more cut-throat than Theoretical Physics.

And your assumptions about me worrying about my job are also way off. 1) I'm retired, so I can do my research, write and pursue my hobbies without financial worries or influences. 2) In Information Science there's already been established, that AI cannot be used for any work, where the authenticity of information is paramount. Recent studies have shown, that AI like ChatGPT repeatedly feed its users wrong or incomplete information, disqualifying it from informative or didactive work.

I have several times by now pointed out, that in some areas AI can be immense help, while in others it is useless, if not outright detrimental. But you seem either not willing or able to see things in any but your own myopic convictions.

But by all means, keep posting. Let the world see that ugly, inhumane NPC personality of yours. You are only proving my point, and the points of others.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TeaHands said:

Watching this guy gloat about helping develop The Patriots from MGS is like watching a small child play with a loaded gun. I don't know what will exactly happen, I just know the end result won't be pretty.

I remember a few years ago, some of the more vocal members in US government wanting manufacturers of certain products, like guns and cars to be liable in part, in lawsuits involving said products. Never went further than that, but the idea is out there. Imagine if all those wrongfully incarcerated people were able to sue whoever responsible for the faulty facial recognition software, that caused them harm.

Must cost someone a bit of sleep, somewhere.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Yrkul said:

I remember a few years ago, some of the more vocal members in US government wanting manufacturers of certain products, like guns and cars to be liable in part, in lawsuits involving said products. Never went further than that, but the idea is out there. Imagine if all those wrongfully incarcerated people were able to sue whoever responsible for the faulty facial recognition software, that caused them harm.

Must cost someone a bit of sleep, somewhere.

It doesn't help most of the US politicians in seats of power that can do anything about it think their phone cameras are trying to steal their wallets.

I can see the EU taking some sort of precaution against the more invasive tech coming out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

It doesn't help most of the US politicians in seats of power that can do anything about it think their phone cameras are trying to steal their wallets.

I can see the EU taking some sort of precaution against the more invasive tech coming out.

It can go either way. But at least it's not a gerontocracy over here, so that helps.

• Like 3