The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

I don't get why everyone thinks this game is scary.

Cheap jump scares aren't scary, they're startling, there is a massive difference.

Thank god some one understands. I've been playing amnesia and slender man recently because people though it was scary. I was upset both for the games and for those people that thought them scary.

Edited by Postal_pat

Thank god some one understands. I've been playing amnesia and slender man recently because people though it was scary. I was upset both for the games and for those people that thought them scary.

The only time I thought Amnesia was scary was when I was running on an hour of sleep for three days, playing at midnight.

Of course, I was already hallucinating due to sleep deprivation.

So, Amnesia is scary when you are already experiencing visual and audio hallucinations, not very impressive now is it?

I don't get why everyone thinks this game is scary.

Cheap jump scares aren't scary, they're startling, there is a massive difference.

Unsettling atmosphere, restraining the basic mentality of 'flight or fight', the backstory is fairly effed as well. The characters probably sit in the uncanny valley of human likeness too. 

Unsettling atmosphere, restraining the basic mentality of 'flight or fight', the backstory is fairly effed as well. The characters probably sit in the uncanny valley of human likeness too. 

I've played the game, and it just doesn't impress me.

The ambiance is very creepy, but it lacks the certain element of dread that jump scares don't inflict in the majority of people.

What I want for horror game developers to do would be to research psychological warfare.  When you understand that, that is the time to start playing with emotions.

And from my experience, playing with human emotions in a horror game can really work wonders.  Or if you didn't do it properly, break everything.

But that's just me.

I've played the game, and it just doesn't impress me.

The ambiance is very creepy, but it lacks the certain element of dread that jump scares don't inflict in the majority of people.

What I want for horror game developers to do would be to research psychological warfare.  When you understand that, that is the time to start playing with emotions.

And from my experience, playing with human emotions in a horror game can really work wonders.  Or if you didn't do it properly, break everything.

But that's just me.

I've watched some great movies that have done exactly that, messing with emotions. It's been too long to remember their titles, but they were a treat.

The 'Elevator' movies did this to some degree, especially the devil one.

-snip-

looooool i didn't know a movie was named that XD but it looks funny

*Hears "Fat" - is offended*

"Reported.

I'm going to take away your internet.

Have fun getting Microsoft to unban you"

-Wut, 20

they probably also demand all your money to unban one :P

Edited by Aeon66