Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeeming Discord Nitro bundles via Steam?

BlindWatchmaker

Question

Hi folks, and sorry if this is an obvious question, but I couldn't figure this out from the forums or Googling.

I have Discord Nitro, and I just realized that there are (periodic?) packs of cosmetics and boosters that you can get for free by linking the accounts.

I play through Steam (not Discord) so I'd like to redeem that way. This post says:

If you’re playing on Steam, a redemption notification bar will appear in Discord. Hit the “Redeem Now” button to claim your new bundle.

So does this mean that I go into the in-game Market, select the Discord Nitro bundle (via search?) and then I get a code somewhere?

Currently my discord is not linked to anything. So do I link Discord <> Steam? Or do I link Discord <> Warframe Account?

(I want to continue playing through Steam, so I don't want to launch the game via Discord).

SIDE QUESTION: How often do Discord Nitro users get free stuff? The cosmetics are nice, but a guaranteed monthly resource booster would be lovely!

ADDITIONAL QUESTION: Does the resource booster activate instantly (like a daily login reward), or can you save it for a specific time?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

hace 2 minutos, BlindWatchmaker dijo:

Currently my discord is not linked to anything. So do I link Discord <> Steam? Or do I link Discord <> Warframe Account?

I think you have to link Discord - Warframe account, since when you play on PC you log in with your Warframe Account.

1. Open/create a shortcut for Warframe on your desktop.
  2. Right click > Properties
  3. unknown.png
  4. Change "-registry:Steam" to "-registry:Discord"
  5. Launch the shortcut.
  6. You should be able to redeem your Nitro bundle within the market after logging in with this method. You may remove the information outlined in red to revert the version back to Standalone/Steam.
Edited by Voltage

30 minutes ago, Voltage said:
  1. Open/create a shortcut for Warframe on your desktop.
  2. Right click > Properties
  3. unknown.png
  4. Change "-registry:Steam" to "-registry:Discord"
  5. Launch the shortcut.
  6. You should be able to redeem your Nitro bundle within the market after logging in with this method. You may remove the information titled in red to revert the version back to Standalone/Steam.

Thanks for this, but...there has to be an easier way, right?

38 minutes ago, ThePotatoCamera said:

I think you have to link Discord - Warframe account, since when you play on PC you log in with your Warframe Account.

I assume you're right. Any idea how to do this? I'm a fairly smart person, and I'm having trouble.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like you need to launch the game FROM Discord to get it via Discord, but if you want it via Steam, you need to connect Discord to your Steam account.

I'll give this a shot tonight and report back.

Either way, this is very confusing messaging for players.

25 minutes ago, BlindWatchmaker said:

Thanks for this, but...there has to be an easier way, right?

It is intended for you to claim Nitro rewards by launching Warframe through Discord Games. The method I provided bypasses that. Otherwise, you need a Warframe installation through Discord which is installing the game twice. It is annoying, but it is much easier than installing the game again.

1. Login to the game as normal through Steam. 

2. Open Discord at the same time and look across the top of the program, there should be a banner that says something like redeem xxxxxx bundle. 

3. Profit. 

You shouldn't need to link your account but you may need to select the 'Automatically detect accounts from other platforms' option under connections. 

We've gotten something every month for a bit now, usually just boosters. 

The boosters activate automatically. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)SteveShay said:

1. Login to the game as normal through Steam. 

2. Open Discord at the same time and look across the top of the program, there should be a banner that says something like redeem xxxxxx bundle. 

3. Profit. 

That did the trick!

Pretty cool (and also a little scary?) that the two apps can see and modify each other even without being authorized to do so. Discord does not have my Warframe or Steam credentials, but because they're running concurrently on the same PC, they can share info?