Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban suggested rework

Razgris05

Here's my 2 cent worth of suggestion Vauban reworks:

• Tesla (works like Wisp's Shock Reservoirs but smaller scale)
    • Vauban will release 3 grenades the fans out horizontally (4 meters apart) and adhere to any surface.
    • Upon contact, each grenades starts to store electrical charge that zaps up to 5 enemies within 5 meters with chain lightning, dealing 10 Electricity b Electric damage with 100% status chance to stun enemies.
      • Shock damage is affected by Strength mod
      • Shock range is affected by Range mod
      • Stun duration is affected by Duration mod
      • Frequency cooldown 2s long
    • Ranks - each rank increases the number of set of grenades that can be release. At max rank, 4 sets of 3 grenades can be released. Each new release will overwrite the oldest set and each set last indefinitely.

• Floating shield (replacing Minelayer)
    • 3 energy shield will appear and floating around Vauban for 10/15/20/25 s, reducing damage received up to 25/50/75//90%
      • Duration is affected by Duration mod
      • Damage reduction not affected by Strength mod
    • Able to use it on allies or NPCs
    • While active, it will heal itself and allies/NPCs 0.5% / 1.0% / 1.5% / 2.0% Health Regen/sec within 10 meters
      • Health Regen is affected by Strength mods
    • Upon expired, it will send out a blast wave, knocking down enemies within 5/10/15/15 meters

• Stasis Singularity  (replacing Bastille)
    • A containment field will be deployed, enemies caught within will be in stasis which becomes a physical barrier, blocking enemies' fire and movement
      • Duration is affected by mod: Old 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s - New 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 s
      • Range is affected by mod: Old 6 m - New 10 m
      • Number of instance at any one time: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 
    • After deployed, if holding the key and release upon max charge, the field will starts to collapse to a single point and every enemy within the field will be violently drawn to it and dealt 250 / 300 / 350 / 400 magnetic damage (4 damage ticks per second) for the remaining duration + 15 s.

• Exalted weapon: Micro gun (youtube link here)
    • Ammo: 1200
    • Damage: Impact 250 Puncture 250 Slash 100
    • Trigger type: Auto Spool
    • Critical Chance: 15%
    • Critical Damage: 1.5x
    • Status Chance: 15%
    • Fire-Rate: 30 rounds per second
    • Accuracy: 25
    • Uses rifle mods
    • Alternate Fire: grenade launcher
      • Tap Alt fire to select between flashbang, concuss or shred ammo, press and hold to shoot 3 volley
      • Upon contact, will explode and affect enemies within 10 m
      • Uses 30 ammo per volley
      • 10 s cool-down between use
    • Has a 0.5-second delay after the weapon stops firing before regenerating ammo.
      Regenerates 50 ammo per second; takes 24 seconds to regenerate a fully depleted magazine.
    • Innate two Madurai Pol and one Naramon Pol polarities.

Edited by Razgris05
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gruiz said:

Not a fan of this suggestions, due to removing minelayer and Bastille

I think the removal of mine layer is fine if aspects of minelayer can be woven in- for example you can mod the exalted for corrosive (shred) and radiation (concuss) 

I'd suggest a Hystrix Mechanic where you can switch between combined elementals and the bullets being able to deal AoE similar to the Komorex. That would at least keep some mechanics of Minelayer.  

I think the gun could use more status chance. Like maybe 50%, possibly less critical chance 

I agree with the removal of Bastille- pretty central to his kit. But it can be added back into the suggested Floating Shield ability, maybe even with an augment that allows you to carry this beefed up Bastille. Maybe they'll change it somehow, who knows.