Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Y Axis Rotation Bug

R.E.A.P.E.R.35

So, this is the first time I've been decorating in the Clan Dojo for awhile now, so I can't be sure exactly how new this bug is.

Dojo, presumably also the Orbiter or anywhere else that allows you to place decorations.

Issue

The main issue that this bug presents is that it can be quite off-putting to decorators, as well as a huge time consumer in rectifying the orientation of the object (this is especially true if said decorator is placing items in a specific fashion with the aim of paying extreme attention to detail).  Simply put,  this bug causes any decoration that is rotated by 90, 180, or 270 degrees along the Y (red) axis to also be abruptly rotated slightly along the Z (blue) axis.
Once this occurs the object will need to be manually (and very carefully) returned to it's original facing position by rotating it along the Z (blue) axis (this can't be done by using the grid, as the minimum grid snap is 15 degrees, and the bug enforced rotation seems to be about 5 degrees, if I had to guess).

Reproducing

In order to reproduce this bug all someone need do is place a decoration, rotate it along the Y (red) axis (180 degrees is advised) and the decoration should automatically snap a few degrees to the side.  It's most visible whilst trying to stack walls/pillars on-top of one another (one reversed on top) or when done next to a duplicate decoration that hasn't been rotated yet.

Temporary Solution

It's by no means ideal, but with some decorations you can still flip them by rotating 180 degrees along both the Z, and X, axis (blue and green, respectively).  It's by no means ideal, as you'd usually just wish to rotate a decoration 180 degrees once along the red axis, but it is a temp way to avoid the bug altogether (as it only occurs whilst rotating on the red axis).

Images

https://imgur.com/WuRy6d4
Image one; two Corpus boxes both rotated 0 degrees.  The idea is that, upon rotating the top box 180 degrees, the three 'grooves' on their surfaces should align.

https://imgur.com/a/BvSUYdS
Image two; upon rotating and re-positioning the top box however however, it can be seen that there is a (albeit small) shift in it's position, as it now faces further to the left of the camera.

https://imgur.com/a/8cCNtnF
Image three; last but not least is an example of what the Corpus boxes should look like upon rotation (achieved via using the other Axis (blue and green) to rotate the top box).

Conclusion

I understand that everyone at Digital Extremes is probably in the thick-of-it at the moment, given all that's been planned for the remainder of the year...But due to how much of a BIG thing Empyrean is for Dojos, getting this fixed would mean a LOT to people such as myself who are eager to get their clan in order prior to the release of the Railjacks.

I hope this report is of some use, and please feel free to send me any enquires you may have regarding anything to do with this bug.

• 2 weeks later...

This bug is almost eight months old now, has persisted through at least two dojo decoration contests that resulted in in-game rewards, and was reportedly submitted by [DE]Helen to QA directly three months ago. I vaguely remember hearing Steve say something about it being related to railjack, so hopefully it's fixed during railjack update.

I know dojo's aren't exactly core gameplay, and even less of the user base gets heavy into decorating, but this bug has gone on for a ridiculously long time consider how many people it impacts. Please fix, DE. My dojo has been half built for the better part of a year now because I can't place anything with precision.

Edited by Shahrizai