Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Channeling, for the second time

swiftasacoursing

About a year ago I came across a bug with operators (shocking, I know), and it involved disarming the operator and being forced into melee mode. To my knowledge, there are only 3 enemies in the game that can disarm your warframe, but only a loki specter or knave specter can disarm your operator. You can easily recreate this bug in captura or the simulacrum just by spawning a knave specter and transferring to your operator.7ckDS4s.jpguiOpzz1.jpgIt's a bit strange to look at, but here you can see the knave specter using his radial disarm ability and changing the amp into "Kogake" an unnamed operator weapon, but it is still obviously Void Blast. The kogake text will disappear the next time you transfer to your operator, and it will occasionally display your username as the weapon. From this point, you can press the channeling button and it will light up parts of your operator even though its not supposed to. The void blast does receive the 1.5x channeling bonus damage, and can disintegrate enemies upon death like a normal melee weapon. You can end the glitch by simply pressing your weapon switch key and it will give you back your amp. In my much, much older and less informative post about this (x), the channeling effects were primarily on the suit and also the eyes. Post-U24, however, the channeling effects now light up the skin as well. Here are a couple of examples,

Very old screenshot, pre-U24:

inEEjiR.jpg

Post-U24:johVEiK.jpgd9fzr8n.png(wow those are big on desktop)

Whether or not this will be patched, I don't know, hopefully not. I just thought it's about time I wrote up a proper explanation of the execution and mechanics involved.

Bonus funny glitches involved with this: (x) | (x). This can be achieved by walking and using void blast at the same time, with the button held down.