Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does The Mod System Work After Update 10?

TheThreadWeaver

Allow me to explain.

I think that the mods are sharing across weapons now, since I was able to put a mod I know I only have one of (barrel diffusion) on a pistol, and then switch to a different pistol and have it equipped on there too. Which makes me think mods are no longer "locked" to a weapon but instead work on some kind of memory system.

What this makes me think is that from this point on, I only really seem to need one of every mod, with no duplicates like I had in the past. But I need to know a few things first before I go decimate my mod inventory.

1. Is my assumption true?

2. Will this be the way mods work from this point on? I don't want to go fusing my rare mods together only to find out the system will be backtracking to a previous format some time in the future.

3. Does this alteration apply only to weapons, or to warframes and sentinels as well?

Thank you. Answers from someone in the know would be much appreciated.

Allow me to explain.

I think that the mods are sharing across weapons now, since I was able to put a mod I know I only have one of (barrel diffusion) on a pistol, and then switch to a different pistol and have it equipped on there too. Which makes me think mods are no longer "locked" to a weapon but instead work on some kind of memory system.

What this makes me think is that from this point on, I only really seem to need one of every mod, with no duplicates like I had in the past. But I need to know a few things first before I go decimate my mod inventory.

1. Is my assumption true?

2. Will this be the way mods work from this point on? I don't want to go fusing my rare mods together only to find out the system will be backtracking to a previous format some time in the future.

3. Does this alteration apply only to weapons, or to warframes and sentinels as well?

Thank you. Answers from someone in the know would be much appreciated.

This is how it will be permanently.

BUT do not make the same mistake i did and fuse my "duplicates" because they gave you those for your sentinel. You cannot use rifle mods on your own weapons and on the sentinel weapons at the same time, you need a separate set of mods of your sentinel and yourself.

This is how it will be permanently.

BUT do not make the same mistake i did and fuse my "duplicates" because they gave you those for your sentinel. You cannot use rifle mods on your own weapons and on the sentinel weapons at the same time, you need a separate set of mods of your sentinel and yourself.

Only with primary mods, secondaries still share for now (i.e. shade's pistol)