Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If blink is to be universal, and bound to the "roll" function, it needs addressing first.

(PSN)Lollybomb

So Blink is to be made universal to all archwings, and as I understand it will take the place of the roll function.  There's just one problem with this.  In the current state, rolling is broken on consoles for archwing.  By default L1 is bound to "Crouch, slide, and roll" and in normal missions it works perfectly well.  Holding it while stationary, you crouch.  Hold it while moving, you slide.  Tap it while moving, you perform a dodge roll.

In archwing, it works different.  Hold while not boosting, you descend.  Hold while boosting, you superboost.  Tapping currently does nothing.  Now, some might think that this is correct.  However, we can show that this is not correct.  "Sprint/Roll" is not bound to anything by default.  If you bind it to L3 and tap that in archwing you do a little dodge or roll depending if you're going forward or to the sides.  So "Roll" is meant to actually do something in archwings, but with the current default bindings is unavailable.  There's nothing to easily bind "Sprint/Roll" to either as archwings do not get their own set of bindings where we could potentially attach it to one of the otherwise unused buttons in archwings.  Even if we could bind it to something with ease, we shouldn't have to as the roll function is already bound to something, but is as already shown, provably broken.

• Like 1

I completely agree. Archwing needs its own set of controls. It should have been done long ago, but its almost like DE made something and forgot about it halfway through, then just released it "as is"... Now, we all know DE would never do something like that... BUT, they did. I have a PC account now, but I used to play on PS4 all the time. I have no idea how this will work for any controller.

Even with controller support on PC, its not possible to perform rolls, at least I haven't figured out how to roll on PC with a controller.... I really do hope they do something to fix this before railjack comes out otherwise, there will be loads of confusion and criticism.