Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will we ever see the return of The Amazing Eternals?

Renathy

For those out of the loop, The Amazing Eternals, formerly known as Keystone, was a multiplayer team-based shooter with unique mechanics developed by none other than Digital Extremes. It featured a deck building mechanic to help diversify your playstyle with a variety of different heroes to choose from. It began as a closed beta roughly two years ago but shut down a few months later because there wasn't enough interest from the community.

That was honestly disheartening for me. Even though I didn't play it that much, I did expect it to rise in popularity. I asked a bunch of clan mates to get in with me, but only a lucky few had access to the beta - including me. It was an unparalleled experience and that's what drew me in. The same happened with Warframe, because it wasn't your typical free-to-play game about either a roleplaying adventure about clicking your way through enemies or another tactical shooter without the tactical bit and an overload of fan service.

Here you can see what it really was like:

Digital Extremes has developed and published games in the past. Even recently they have published a game called Survived By. I am unaware as to the extent of their involvement in that project, however the game was also recently cancelled, just a few months ago. It was indeed an entertaining and appealing title but I honestly never really got to try it for more than an hour. I had other things in mind at the time and pushed it aside until I eventually, and unfortunately, forgot about it.

However, Digital Extremes could very well pass on the Keystone to another developer. (See what I did there?) It definitely has potential but it was released in the wrong period. The period in which team-based shooters were crowding the market left and right. Now that developers have finally calmed down, we could possibly see it flying up through the ranks. This would be great for Digital Extremes. They could still push out this idea of theirs without having to divert resources from Warframe in a way that would hinder its progress.

What do you guys think? Whether you're new and allured by its concept or a veteran and miss its gameplay, would you like to see The Amazing Eternals make a return?

Edited by JRMC

• 1 month later...

They were already too late for the hero-shooter train by the time the closed beta launched, I don't see AE ever returning unless it's reworked into something else entirely.

Edited by Guest

Game didint get enough supporting / funding and comnuity atraction as people only cared about warframe.

Rip game but at the same time its for the best ( sorry but no sorry ) , TaE siphoned DEs team wich may would have resulted in slowdown to main game content releases