Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Hotfix is pvpve, discourages co-op

(PSN)NemitheNem

Every kill someone else gets is a kill you cannot get, and thus one more pearl you don't get. This encourages kill-stealing amongst other things. Assisting allies is a gamble in a zero-sum game. 

Thus I would like to propose two tweaks. 

Firstly, when an enemy goes down everyone who did damage to them gets a pearl. This eliminates kill-stealing; instead putting an enemy out of their fun is doing everyone who participated in getting you that kill a solid. 

Secondly, a sort of micro affinity range of pearl earning, like 5 meters. It would only happen around people who damaged the enemy in the last 2 seconds. This makes kiting enemies rewarding, and rewards people who dive in to help--even if they don't do damage they are still drawing fire. 

To be clear, these don't 'stack,' it is still one pearl per kill. 

• Like 1

Well... We kinda asked, even though with large dissonance, for a change. So we reap what we sow since there's never going to be a change to please all. I have yet to try it to see what changed from the original mode, however.

Though in all honesty if it's as bad as it sounds I rather forfeit the remaining floofs I wanted and not touch that event anymore.

---

Edit:

Just saw the actual hotfix for PC, which I assume to be the same as consoles got yesterday.

Dog Days Tactical Alert Changes:

• Performance now can yield better results for the final Dog Days mission! Mission 4 now yields 1 Nakak Pearl per kill in addition to the 50 given at end of mission. More kills, more Pearls! 
  • As an added note, we will have more feedback implemented when DOG DAYS returns, including fixes for AI and more. Thanks everyone for the feedback and fun during this Tactical Alert! 

Fixes:

• Fixed Virtuous Shadow not being an option for a rank up reward with the Quills. 

Doesn't seem that bad on paper imo. More like a great improvement over what it was before, even if not perfect yet. Even if kill-stealing does sound bothersome.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Doesn't seem that bad on paper imo. More like a great improvement over what it was before, even if not perfect yet. Even if kill-stealing does sound bothersome.

Oh yeah! It is good, but it could be great!

See, it's not clear from that but it is not a team effort. If your team wins 20 to 10 and you did two of the kills, you get 52 pearls. 

This is an incentive for 'helping' and avoiding said help, and potentially getting angry when you are 'helped.'

In a standard pub match I can grab maybe 11 kills. Solo I can get double. If I am doing it for the grind why bother in pubs?

When I play with clannies I kite the enemies around a rock so they are all lined up and get faces full of water. But that play is not rewarding for me, pearl-wise.

• Like 1