Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Seems To Be A Glitch With Sentinel Weapon Mods

Kaidinah

I do not think that it is a problem that my Supra and Deth Machine Rifle cannot use the same serration while I wield Supra and my Wyrm wields the Deth Machine Rifle.

The problem is that I cannot equip my serration to my Wyrm's death machine rifle while I am armed with a Hek.I left serration on the Supra, which is no longer equipped, but it does have a serration on it.

This defeats the purpose of having multiple (the A, B, and C) builds on weapons if you have to remove all the mods on all of your rifle builds on all of your rifles if you want your sentinel to use some of those mods while your Warframe is armed with a shotgun.

I think I am gonna submit this as a glitch since this feels very unintentional.

Edited by Kaidinah

works as intended to prevent using 1 mod on different active objects at the same time. which wouldnt make sence.

Read the post. I said that the active primary on my Warframe is the Hek. The Hek is not a rifle. The active aspect on my sentinel is a Deth Machine Rifle, not a Sweeper.

you have to take the serration off on all of your guns that have the same serration mod on.

Not just all of my guns, but the A, B, and C loadouts of all my guns. Don't you feel that the way things are currently does not fit with the spirit of allowing an A, B, and C loadout for all guns?

Keep in mind I am not saying that my serration should be used by both my rifle and my sentinel in a mission at the same time. I am complaining that my loadout for rifles is counted as taking up my serration while I am using a shotgun.

yeah, gotta agree with u kaidinah. its probably unintended since like you said, defeats the purpose of having A, B, C options in your weapons. they probably should just enforce the prompt only when your equipped weapons and sentinel's equipped weapons have the same mods.

also, last i noticed, the prompt doesnt trigger on secondary weapons. as in, i could equip same mods on my secondary and the burst pistol for sentinels. but then again, dont think many people use the sentinel pistols anymore :/

read this post or get some common sence

Read the reply then, because he has a good point.

Not just all of my guns, but the A, B, and C loadouts of all my guns. Don't you feel that the way things are currently does not fit with the spirit of allowing an A, B, and C loadout for all guns?

Keep in mind I am not saying that my serration should be used by both my rifle and my sentinel in a mission at the same time. I am complaining that my loadout for rifles is counted as taking up my serration while I am using a shotgun.

read this post or get some common sence

Read my post please. Read it. I really mean it. Read through it. In fact, do me one better and think about what you have read. Can you please do that for me?

Also, the point of allowing weapons to be equipped to multiple weapons was convenience. It was intended to be a fix for the fact that if you wanted to swap rifles between missions you had to unequip all mods off of one gun to move them to another. This problem was not solved but it was in fact multiplied by the intended fix.

Read my post please. Read it. I really mean it. Read through it. In fact, do me one better and think about what you have read. Can you please do that for me?

Also, the point of allowing weapons to be equipped to multiple weapons was convenience. It was intended to be a fix for the fact that if you wanted to swap rifles between missions you had to unequip all mods off of one gun to move them to another. This problem was not solved but it was in fact multiplied by the intended fix.

u still don't get it. u can not have sentinal weopon mods and frame weopn mods active, remove ur mods from the guns u are not using if u want to have it active on the sentinel. what u really should be asking for is different weopn mods for sentinal weopons. but that went right over u'r head but then again u'r currently to laizy to farm dupes so i guess that will seem like a glitch to u too.

u still don't get it. u can not have sentinal weopon mods and frame weopn mods active, remove ur mods from the guns u are not using if u want to have it active on the sentinel. what u really should be asking for is different weopn mods for sentinal weopons. but that went right over u'r head but then again u'r currently to laizy to farm dupes so i guess that will seem like a glitch to u too.

Read my post. It still has not sunk in. I know exactly how things are working right now. My post is something called a "complaint" and a "suggestion." It is meant to complain about how things currently are, and offer a suggestion on how to fix it.

Also you should read this part of it again.

"I do not think that it is a problem that my Supra and Deth Machine Rifle cannot use the same serration while I wield Supra and my Wyrm wields the Deth Machine Rifle.

The problem is that I cannot equip my serration to my Wyrm's death machine rifle while I am armed with a Hek.I left serration on the Supra, which is no longer equipped, but it does have a serration on it."

Read my post. It still has not sunk in. I know exactly how things are working right now. My post is something called a "complaint" and a "suggestion." It is meant to complain about how things currently are, and offer a suggestion on how to fix it.

"I do not think that it is a problem that my Supra and Deth Machine Rifle cannot use the same serration while I wield Supra and my Wyrm wields the Deth Machine Rifle.

The problem is that I cannot equip my serration to my Wyrm's death machine rifle while I am armed with a Hek.I left serration on the Supra, which is no longer equipped, but it does have a serration on it."

some people just wont ever get it. 

we can all agree on that you can not have one mod on two active weapons right?

do you want a prompt every time you switch out your shotgun for a rifle, telling you, you can not equip the rifle due to mods being on your sentinel's weapon? you would then have to go into your sentinel's weapon to unequip said mod before being able to equip the rifle. or you can never equip said rifle cause of the can't have one mod on two active weapons rule.

The issue people don't seem to understand is what would happen when you try to switch out your shotgun for the rifle that has the same mods on the sentinel's weapon. cause you can't.

Edited by birdei

do you want a prompt every time you switch out your shotgun for a rifle, telling you, you can not equip the rifle due to mods being on your sentinel's weapon? you would then have to go into your sentinel's weapon to unequip said mod before being able to equip the rifle. or you can never equip said rifle cause of the can't have one mod on two active weapons rule.

The issue people don't seem to understand is what would happen when you try to switch out your shotgun for the rifle that has the same mods on the sentinel's weapon. cause you can't.

Exactly. People opposing this probably have not tried to change weapon types yet.

Which is why I think it should be like this

I have rifle

Sentinel has shotgun

I want to switch sentinel  to rifle and myself to shotgun

I get prompt "Cannot switch to rifle because my rifle has same mod"

Oh, so I switch my sentinel to pistol

I now switch myself to shotgun and then the sentinel to rifle

WE ARE GOOD.

How it is now

I have rifle

Sentinel has shotgun

I get prompt "Cannot switch to rifle because my rifle has same mod

Remove mods from my rifle

Still cannot switch

Check all my A B C builds for all my rifles

Remove all the mods from all of them

Now I can switch

What is the point of A B C if we cannot use them?

Edited by Tekkaman-Blade

Which is why I think it should be like this

I have rifle

Sentinel has shotgun

I get prompt "Cannot switch to rifle because my rifle has same mod"

Oh, so I switch my sentinel to pistol

I now switch myself to shotgun and then the sentinel to rifle

WE ARE GOOD.

How it is now

I have rifle

Sentinel has shotgun

I get prompt "Cannot switch to rifle because my rifle has same mod

Remove mods from my rifle

Still cannot switch

Check all my A B C builds for all my rifles

Remove all the mods from all of them

Now I can switch

What is the point of A B C if we cannot use them?

Exactly. This is what led me to believe that this is unintended.

The A B C loadouts are still consider part of your active weapon. Treat your weapon like a 3 disc cd changer. Your cds are still in the player even though you aint using disc 2 or 3. You can't magically give disc 2 to your buddy next to you to listen cause he is tired of your lousy songs on disc 1 when disc 2 is still in the cd player. even though its not being used.

The A B C loadouts are still consider part of your active weapon. Treat your weapon like a 3 disc cd changer. Your cds are still in the player even though you aint using disc 2 or 3. You can't magically give disc 2 to your buddy next to you to listen cause he is tired of your lousy songs on disc 1 when disc 2 is still in the cd player. even though its not being used.

That is exactly how the system works. This is obviously unintentional as I can get the results I want (All my rifle mods on Deth Machine Rifle, all my shotgun mods on Hek) by simply removing all mods off all of my rifles. Why not cut out the middle man and make the system look at what is actively equipped instead of what is on unequipped weapons? It will just save us the time that this new loadout system intended to do in the first place.