Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas planet tileset not navigable by wormhole?

motorfirebox

I'm running the Ropalolyst as Nova, and I'm finding out that you can't use wormhole to cross big open spaces (e.g. getting down to the exit platform after beating the boss, or even getting out to the platforms). What in the world is wormhole for, if not for this?

Edited by motorfirebox
  • Like 1

there's a fair bit of visual trickery that goes into the boss fight and that may have been the cause for this - once you beat the birdolon, the assets in the arena aren't replaced by the wreckage, but instead, going by a waypoint that said 700m (iirc) immediately upon beating it and before the screen whites out, you're teleported to a neighbouring tile to the "east" (looking outwards from the gas city), which is obsured by the large slanted metal wall. wormhole may have been disabled to prevent the possibility of an exploit by means of which you could use a max-range wormhole to circumvent the boss and get to extraction without a fight.

27 minutes ago, evilChair said:

there's a fair bit of visual trickery that goes into the boss fight and that may have been the cause for this

It's not just the boss area though, it's the open spaces in the tile set itself that don't allow worm hole to be used. I'd like the freedom to bullet jump through a worm hole and aim glide to a platform or fall to my death...

28 minutes ago, evilChair said:

wormhole may have been disabled to prevent the possibility of an exploit by means of which you could use a max-range wormhole to circumvent the boss and get to extraction without a fight.

Are you aware that other bosses like Profit Taker can't be "exploited" by returning to the elevator before finishing the fight stages...how do you think that works...do you think maybe the game checks the current mission state? 🙂

Just now, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Are you aware that other bosses like Profit Taker can't be "exploited" by returning to the elevator before finishing the fight stages...how do you think that works...do you think maybe the game checks the current mission state? 🙂

apples and oranges when exit and extraction are different. the game is so slapdash in places that once i've had for a split second a target waypoint in a relay (old larunda, i think). and as far as i'm aware, there's also how in rescue missions the doors leading from the jail to extraction are not locked but dead which leads me to believe that if you can glitch through that door, you can complete the mission without rescuing the hostage as long as you don't trigger the execution sequence. and besides, i never said that the game doesn't check the mission state, but that there may be exploits, especially with a complex and freshly-baked boss fight that was nearly-literally made of glitches at release - players becoming invisible except for the currently equipped guns, the parkour wires not working after certain visual effects, etc. etc.