Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thank you for DE and the Community for being awesome.

Dear DE staff, Community Members, and fellow Tenno,

This is something hard to write as it’s been on my mind for ages now. It is something personal, something dear to me, something,... I do not want to mess up.

Firstly, I want to thank you. If you are reading this, then thank you. You are someone whom I may never meet, whom I may never even know existed, but in simply being a part of all of this, thank you. 

I say this because this game, and everyone involved has been a huge part of my life, and the lives of many of those I've loved and cared for. Without even the smallest bit-player in all of this it may not have turned out so well. So even if you’re just passing by and we never cross paths again, thanks for playing the game and enabling the Developers at DE to keep doing what they do best. I do realize I have very few posts on the forums and that's because i am much more of a lurker than anything else. I like watching people more than interacting.

And to DE specifically, Keep up the great work. I’ve never met any of you, and likely never will. But if I did the first thing I'd want is to shake your hand and tell you thanks. I’ve tried for years to be able to attend Tennocon, but I don't think I ever will have that chance. So this is the next best thing.

Now; Why am I writing this? Well it’s not a goodbye letter. On the contrary, I hope to be playing warframe in my rocking chair at 80+ years old. Shouting at youngsters who download games directly into their brain about “Back in my day!” No its more,... a Celebration letter? An Admiration letter perhaps? Mmmm... More a heartfelt thank you to my fellow tenno, and DE.

You see, I am chronically depressed. I have been since I was 13. By 6th grade I'd taken up mutilating myself. And have heavily contemplated suicide many, many, times over the years. This has not been an easy thing to live with. Its kept me isolated, and honestly frightened of human interaction. Call me a cave troll, call me whatever, I just... Have trouble being myself. For a time, I was better,.. I was able to at least fake it better for just over a year while I drove a big-rig across the US for a living. 

And you know what? My first purchase with my money was a new laptop that could handle warframe. So everywhere I went, I played with my phone’s internet as a hotspot, all across the USA. I feel like I too, am a dreamer. I have this body here in the real world, but my mind is at home in the stars.

This game has been my home. This community, though I've not been on the forums as much as I have been in the game, has been my family. And in some real sense, this game has changed my life. It has helped me to overcome being so afraid of people. It has helped me bond with those I love. My last 2 boyfriends have been as passionate about this game as I am. My ex girlfriend, almost as much so too. And thats been an amazing part of this game’s community is it’s acceptance. Its openness to one another. Heck, I've even tried leaving my mark on the game where I could. I wanted so badly in my youth to be a voice actor, or writer, and I even tried a time or two way back in early alpha to see if DE would take me on. But heh, that never happened unsurprisingly.

Still; I’ve never felt like I could not be myself here. Perhaps others have disagreed with me but I’ve never been attacked. Not something one could say about a good portion of other online games. No; if anything this game has helped remind me there is good left in humanity. And that not everything is totally horrible.

This game’s beauty is mirrored by the tragedy that is the real world.  A story unfolding before us that may not always be so bright. A story we may not like every step of the way. But we are going through it as a family. As a trucker I saw some of the worst the world had to offer. I’ve seen child prostitutes, suicides, car fires. I’ve been first person on scene for rollovers, crashes, and so much more. It got too much for me and I've since developed a form of PTSD and can no longer drive any vehicle. And now; even without a penny to my name, I still feel just as at home and welcome in this game and community. 

I’ve poured hundreds, likely thousands of dollars into this game. But it still isn’t even a dollar per hour of joy it’s given me. And you know, as soon as I find some kind of job, a bit of my money is likely going right back into the game even though I have almost everything. Simply because I realized, I can pay a shrink $200 per hour, excuse me session, to tell me what I already know. Or I can pay a few dollars a month or so towards something wonderful that helps take the pain away better than medication even. That helps make me stronger mentally for when challenges do arise. That helps me make friends and forge connections to last a lifetime.

I could go on about how even now I'm investing my time into new friendships, helping new players as I always have, or grinding out X and or Y thing.  But; suffice it to say I've rambled on enough for today. So thank you again. I’ll see you out in the stars Tenno.

Sincerely,
~Jes “The-Excalibur-Prime”

Edited by The-Excalibur-Prime

5 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Friendly reminder to leave your text color on default and not manually change it to black, so that people on dark mode can read it too xd

Also nice to see some possitivity.

Oh >.> I didn't realize. I thought i Ctrl+Shift+V ed (Paste without format) it after i got done writing it up in something with a better spell checker. XD

Edited it. 

Edited by The-Excalibur-Prime