Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mistress of Corpus Cephalons [+art]

The_Arbiters

So as I'm already here, let me... Tell you about. All the Lig's thing.

First of all - yeah, we have knowledge that Corpus creates its own cephalons which are less powerful as old ones like Simaris or Ordis but still. For ships, for robotics, for Orbs I suppose too. And whole Corpus consists of corporations and other kindlike parts. I just imagined about the one, who works with whole Corpus and creates cephalons. So, I will finish this preface now.

The Lig's Corporation

Main face - Dis Lig. She is literally mistress of Cephalons. She is the one, who is the head of the corporation, leader, creator. All LigCorp belongs to her. LigCorp has one laboratory-base on Neptune. LigCorp is never involved in conflicts inside Corpus. Nominally Dis Lig is one of the Corpus Lords and owns a place in the Board of Directors, but actually it's impossible to see her on any meeting. LigCorp is neutral with any Corpus organisation. Of course, there are no reason to think that LigCorp has no enemies in Corpus. Vice versa - LigCorp is lonely, proud and fully armed with its own technologies and crewmen also. 

The Dis Lig

Quite an old Corpus Female with robotic body and too young artificial face. Lots of people thinks that she is totally cyborg with cephalon in the head, but it's far from truth - Dis is still normal mortal creature. She is a little grouchy, closed and canny. Also she is cold, indifferent, knows her own worth. She cares about nothing except her work and the LigCorp. She is unfriendly, but etiquette polite. You can talk with her freely until you try to show that you are special or powerful or important. She despicable such a behaviour. If you talk about buying cephalons - be ready to explain your goals and plans before prices. Dis is sincerely loyal to Corpus but not to particular personas. Also she is not an enemy for tenno - but not an ally too.

Dis Lig's appearance

Спойлер

vPlnGyn5Gh0.jpg

AYcmuB6Ay8o.jpg

MkvlIp1C32E.jpg

She is not tall as lots of Corpus lords are. She always wears 'second skin' which is alike an light armour, coat, gloves and multifunction helmet. Also left Dis' eye is artificial too. in normal situation you will never see the difference.

Dis Lig's apprentices

As if Dis never leaves her base (except emergencies) she has ones who are her will across the Solar system. Apprentices. Both male and female works in LigCorp but apprentices are always female. Lig's great idea - have one of them for each planet but as there are still planets that are not belong to Corpus, there are still not 8 apprentices (last one is Dis Lug herself). Dis Lig doesn't care bout 'little planets' like Ceres or for example Lua.

Her apprentices have one for all surname - Lig, no matter from which family they were before, share same as Dis' facetattoo marks and have dedicated linkchannels to talk with Dis at any moment.They have knowledge - not as wide as Dis' but enough to do her usual work without her. They protect the interests of their customers and serve them well but Dis' word is paramount and overriding. If there is no work in the speciality, they do any other except fighting - repair, invent, etc

Dis Lig's apprentices appearance

Спойлер

ztrOT4eYMRk.jpgimCTHUDAhog.jpg

They wear same as Dis' metalskins, overalls, coats, boots, gloves and owndesigned helmets - every has her own unique helm. These helms are not as useful as Dis Lig's but still necessary for work. Here is Arn Lig with her helmet - she is the one who serves on Venus.

Sigil and marks

Спойлер

cP4WeNolKok.jpg

LigCorp has its own sigil.

And never trust this sad expression. It's not. Sad.

Labs and Battlephase

A great part of labs are 'undergroung'. Lots of labs, rooms. corridors, etc,etc. LigCorp crewman lives here too. They are strong and can fight with anyone but tenno. Dis Lig says: 'You live not to die against powerful unknown but to destroy any real enemy.' So LigCorps army will never battle tenno themselves.

The Core is the main last deepest storey. It's empty, uninhabited place that looks like a huge corridor or a hangar with gates it the end. Floor is transparent so you can see a bottomless deep under the feet. Sometimes there are something in the 'water'. 

Behind the gates there is Dis' personal lab-room. Noone else allowed to enter. This one for her big protect - main reason why she has enemies inside Coprus. Project 'Ownmind'. Dis Lig tries to create ultimate cephalon, which she can freely change (as Ballas do with Ordis, but Dis knows nothing about it) but they can still be alive and will not lost their personality. She has one 'success as she tries to believe - Rier. It's cephalon inside the mechanic barracuda which lost may be a half of humanity through experiments but still keeps mind and memory. He is the one who can be seen under the floor time to time.

If you try to battle against Dis Lig - be careful. She is not like her apprentices. She is not physically strong but fast, cruel and smart. At the end she can 'open the floor' and you will face Rier - her real weapon. During the battle Dis is connected with Rier - and you can notice that her left eye becomes red. Also Dis will put off her coat.

Спойлер

nC3nQ1bNqD4.jpgqNRfngWR6DA.jpg

De Vice

Trident and at the same time the key that can open floor. Throws lightning. Pokes painfully. Most time it's closed.

Спойлер

Sk0sqkQjCNw.jpg

And.... yeah. I hope you like my idea. Cheers.

I like this, and I could imagine this being the start of a quest. Maybe have Ordis or Simaris disgusted with these "fake Cephalons" until it's realized her work can help Ordis regain his memories. Could have a lot of emotional weight to it not to mention SU would want to know how Orbs are getting their AI. Overall nice job and I really love the art style.

4 минуты назад, (PS4)NinjaBlitz99 сказал:

I like this, and I could imagine this being the start of a quest. Maybe have Ordis or Simaris disgusted with these "fake Cephalons" until it's realized her work can help Ordis regain his memories. Could have a lot of emotional weight to it not to mention SU would want to know how Orbs are getting their AI. Overall nice job and I really love the art style.

Oh, thanks! It was a long work, I changed things until I decide that it looks and sounds well. And decided to try to convey this to others. I'm really glad that someone like it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)VoluntaryElm609 said:

.......... if the developers don’t find this and actually act upon the holyness this idea is... the. I might quite possibly question their mentality as they are going to run out of ideas at some point to keep the fun forever growing!

Currently their working on the new war and rail jack so id say less likely due to how understaffed they are would love to see this happen tho or at least a simmilar idea however I think theyve already mapped lore for this 

11 часов назад, (XB1)VoluntaryElm609 сказал:

.......... if the developers don’t find this and actually act upon the holyness this idea is... the. I might quite possibly question their mentality as they are going to run out of ideas at some point to keep the fun forever growing!

Everyone wanna to be heard, me either. But yes, weeaboopotato  is right, DE can already have theirs own ideas for this lore part. But still! It was impossible for me to leave mine unfinished. Thanks.