The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new protosomid shoulder...

Riger82

1 hour ago, Riger82 said:

None of which matters, since I included anything that makes them symmetrical in the argument.

You really figure that is how that works, don't you? What happens if I point out that you're actually only counting about 60 possibile symmetrical setups out of several times that number?

Not to mention that "I don't usually play that frame, or can't usually see it while playing so it doesn't count" is a really shaky argument. 

So you really ought to revise that 4/66 to reflect reality. 

Like I said, the frames themselves are often asymmetrical. If you were truly bothered by asymmetry, odds are that you would have significant issues playing this game. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You really figure that is how that works, don't you? What happens if I point out that you're actually only counting about 60 possibile symmetrical setups out of several times that number?

Not to mention that "I don't usually play that frame, or can't usually see it while playing so it doesn't count" is a really shaky argument. 

So you really ought to revise that 4/66 to reflect reality. 

Like I said, the frames themselves are often asymmetrical. If you were truly bothered by asymmetry, odds are that you would have significant issues playing this game. 

I only count frames that have nothing I can do to make them symmetrical. Whether it be skins (I have all but 4 deluxe skins) or accessories. If I can add something to remove the annoyance, I do. And then they don't count as asymmetrical anymore. You're counting individual skins, I'm counting final products. If I actually spent money on the game anymore, I may have looked into tennogen skins for the ones I can't make symmetrical to see if anyone has.

And Garuda's tiny chest piece is literally invisible while playing due to it being on the other side of her. Like a chest sigil, for instance. If I can't see it, it doesn't annoy me. As I said.

This was not fun to wake up to after literally saying we had gone too far off topic. Sheesh.

2 hours ago, Riger82 said:

.And Garuda's tiny chest piece is literally invisible while playing due to it being on the other side of her. Like a chest sigil, for instance. If I can't see it, it doesn't annoy me. As I said.

This was not fun to wake up to after literally saying we had gone too far off topic. Sheesh.

So again if the asymmetry is on the front of the frame, you're claiming that it doesn't count, but most of the Vanilla frames that are asymmetrical its because of something on the front of the frame that would be invisible while playing. Which makes it very interesting that you would claim to have bought many skins to avoid having to play with asymmetrical frames, since on most of the examples, "If I can't see it, it doesn't annoy me" would have taken care of the problem. 

So you're applying standards some of the time, and not others, but excusing those as "yeah I just don't look at that so it's not an issue, lol". This tells me that asymmetry is actually less of an issue than you're making it out to be. 

On 2019-08-27 at 4:31 PM, Riger82 said:

Most aren't. Or have a skin that aren't. Or the asymmetrical part can be altered, swapped, or removed like Banshee's single shoulder plate on both normal and prime.

What frames stay asymmetrical no matter what?

'Often' means quite a few of them should be... But I can't think of many at all that are asymmetrical. I'm quite curious of your 'often'.

Edit: I see the sash on Baruuk, but the rest is symmetrical. A leg part of Saryn. And Revenant. Those are the only ones I see. Nidus technically counts because the lumpy texture isn't perfectly mirrored, but it isn't nearly as obvious. But I use his deluxe skin, which is symmetrical. And as I sad above, Banshee's shoulder spike can be unequipped by sticking any other shoulder plate on it. Mine is using Saturn Six pauldrons, for example.

So Baruuk, Saryn, and Revenant are the only ones that can't be made symmetrical with a skin. That's 3 out of...how many frames now? Wiki says 66. So a whopping 1 in 22 is your 'often', lol.

I'm not sure why you need to get defensive, it's not like this is an important point to die on, frames are about 50/50 for symmetry, I would like it if the shoulder piece was symmetrical but mostly due to the fact that the shoulder is large and also is practically a Syandana by itself, if I got both sides and a nice Syandana and someone like Nekros or Trinity I would have so much flapping attachments, it would be glorious. It being symmetrical and us getting both shoulders is purely a benefit though and the thing is nice enough as is so I don't know why they would need to give us the other. Worst case you can go for a fencer type appearance.