Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Gara Virago Helmet now shatters when using Splinter Storm

Blueforce24

Just as the title says. I'm not sure if this is an intended feature or not, but in some patch from the last few weeks, the glass parts on Gara's Virago helmet now disappear when casting Splinter Storm. Some may appreciate this as the glass on Gara's head now disappears along with the rest of her armor, however my friends were startled to see my Gara running around without her characteristic "bunny ears":

XFsrkhq.jpg

As a Gara main, this is pretty disheartening. I think the now featureless head kills the aesthetic of a warframe that many would agree is already difficult to fashion frame. Restoring the helmet to not shattering when casting her 2, or an option to toggle whether the glass shatters or not when casting her 2, for those that prefer this change, would be much appreciated. 

2G2QKew.jpg

• 1 month later...

Since this wasn't addressed, I felt it would be appropriate to expand my initial post with a couple more bugs that are, in all likelihood, related to this. When casting Splinter Storm on Plains of Eidolon, the bunny ears disappear normally as described above.

x0R0CIj.jpgGpReXag.jpg

Splinter Storm is active, as indicated by the buff icon. However, deploying an archwing will immediately fix the bunny ears (and other parts of her glass armor), and keep the buff active:

PBIJ7Ki.jpg

Unsurprisingly, the same thing occurs in Orb Vallis: 

TsOpcFg.jpgDdIfbNn.jpggpLkHmM.jpg

You can keep your bunny ears if you don't recast Splinter Storm, all the way to the end of a bounty:

kjZbxs1.jpg

Something else I noticed the other day while in Simulacrum is that casting Splinter Storm will remove the bunny ears as normal, but entering your arsenal with the buff active will temporarily show the bunny ears and glass armor (until you leave your arsenal again): 

N0QqGfh.jpg

Whether the removal of the bunny ears when casting 2 is intended or not, the behaviors of Gara's glass armor indicated in this post are unusual. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gara's glass parts (helm and the dangling things on her arms and back) are supposed to disappear when she casts her Splinter Storm, because they serve as your visual indicator for that ability. The real bug here is that Gara's glass pieces on her helm does not completely disappear when using Splinter Storm. That front glass on the helm should disappear with the "bunny ears" when splinter storm is active. 

For some reason, I cannot recreate this. I used the same Gara skin and helm but ALL the glass parts disappear when splinter storm is active.

And about this:

On 2019-10-24 at 6:44 AM, Blueforce24 said:

Something else I noticed the other day while in Simulacrum is that casting Splinter Storm will remove the bunny ears as normal, but entering your arsenal with the buff active will temporarily show the bunny ears and glass armor (until you leave your arsenal again): 

The arsenal seems to always display frames without their buff. I tested this on Rhino's Iron Skin and it removed the Iron Skin visual, it even removed the buff. Tested on Nova's Null Stars too and same thing happened. I think what's happening is when you open arsenal, the game is forced to display Gara without buff, thus the glass pieces appear BUT the buff remains active when you open arsenal so the shattered glass visuals remain.

Edited by Yxivi