Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Saint of Altra] New Orokin Corrupted Grenade, similar to Corpus grenade, cannot be shot out of the ground. Deal too much damage?

SprinKah

So some of you guys might not have known, DE gave Corrupted faction new grenade designs (which I find a bit odd because at the end of the day, Corrupted are still just converted Grineer and Corpus, they should still be using their old weapons). I have no problem with grenades being highly lethal, Though the fact that the new Orokin grenade and Corpus Grenade still cannot be shot out like Grineer one

Here's the entirety of the damage-test I did, which I'm unsure of how I feel about it:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Video:

Spoiler

I used my Loki, who has 330 shield and 660 health. At lvl30:

- Elite Lancer's Grineer grenade deals 150 dmg

- Elite Crewman's Corpus grenade deals 450 dmg

- Corrupted Lancer's and Crewman's Orokin grenade killed my Loki in a single blast, which is probably over 1000 damage.

While yes, I'm aware that Loki isn't the...tankiest of warframes. 

Though, I've occurrences where I die randomly out of nowhere during T4 Tower Defense, turned out to be Corpus grenade that exploded somewhere around me, and I was even Chroma Prime. You used to be able to shoot the grenade out on the ground but now you can't, At least the Corpus and Orokin one can't be. 

Well, I guess at the end of the day, you need to pick the right loadouts for endurance runs.

Though I still think it'd be cool for the grenades to to set themselves apart by gimmicks while dealing a bit of damage. Something like Grineer with simple Blast proc, Corpus with something like Energy tether and Orokin with some crazy space magic. In my opinion, it'd make things more interesting other than just flat damage....But I guess that's a whole another discussion.

Edited by SprinKah

35 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Why test it with loki? He has almost no armor and he is not ment to take any damage because he is ment to be invisible all the time. Tets it on some heavy armored warframe like Valkyr or Rhino or Nidus and then we can discuss

Well, you got me there, I guess I'm being a bit....tunnel-vision'd. I guess the main issue here is still the fact that...they can't be shot out anyway. 

Then again you know, not every warframe has good damage-negating abilties, I guess at the end of the day you gotta pick the right loadouts. 

I still think it'd be nice if DE could rework these grenades to make them more...interesting other than just, flat damage-dealing anyway, but I guess that's a whole another discussion. 

Edited by SprinKah

On 2019-08-30 at 10:40 AM, Lazarow said:

Why test it with loki? He has almost no armor and he is not ment to take any damage because he is ment to be invisible all the time. Tets it on some heavy armored warframe like Valkyr or Rhino or Nidus and then we can discuss

Being invis does not protect from AoE damage (which might be directed at other players). Testing only on tanky frames suggests they are the only ones of concern, but they are far from mandatory in lvl 30 missions.

The question is, if a lvl 30 grenade deals this much damage, is it well out of balance with the rest of the mission it appears in? A Corpus grenade at the same level would have left this Loki with more than 80% of his health intact. That's an excessive difference for the same enemy level!

Plus, normal response to a greande is roll away when you hear the sound, but what happens when one or two land right next to a Mobile Defense Console? You can't do anything if they can't be shot out, and at some levels that would be game over.

On 2019-08-30 at 10:30 AM, SprinKah said:

Corrupted are still just converted Grineer and Corpus, they should still be using their old weapons

Realistically, not every intruder in an Orokin Tower would be well-armed, so lore-wise it makes absolute sense for the Neural Sentry to have an armoury for the Corrupted.

If anything, we should be glad the Corrupted aren't kitted out with Prime firearms.