Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss Augments

Tjeker14

With Gauss still fresh out of the oven, it seems a bit unwise to start suggesting augments for him, especially as many players haven't even had the chance to tinker around with his ability. But I've never really been a wise person so here we go.

Mach Gore (Mach Rush Augment)

Essentially, for every 15 meters or so Gauss runs in his dash, you get 1 charge. Upon making contact with an enemy, you expend all your charges and deal damage equal to your melee weapon times the amount of charges you've built with your Mach Rush in a 5 meter radius. The radius increases to 10 meters while Redlined. Whether or not this augment can be changed by range mods kinda depends on how busted it ends up being. From my (admittedly small) playtime with Gauss, it seems like Mach Rush has limited usefulness in anything that's not open world, so this augment might help it see a bit more play.

Thermal Charge (Thermal Sunder Augment)

Allies within the area of effect of a Thermal Sunder gain effects based on the state of the sunder. If it's Cold, the player gains essentially iron skin, the health of which charges the longer the player stands in the area. If Heat, the player gains an amount of Heat on their weapons scaling with power strength. If Blast, then the player gains a damage buff which charges the longer they stay within both a cold and hot AoE. This augment, while maybe a little complicated and *maybe* ripping off Chroma a little too much, could lend Gauss to a more supportive role, especially in defense-type gamemodes where his speedy legs aren't as big of an asset.

Overdrive Charger (Redline Augment) 

For every enemy killed with a Cold, Heat, or Blast proc active at the time of death, Gauss adds 2 seconds onto his Redline. I do enjoy Redline as an ultimate ability, and I feel like having a means like this to keep Gauss' damage output high could make him pretty entertaining for high-level content. It's a bit similar to Cataclysmic Continuum, but I felt it should be a little more limited as having his ultimate up basically at all times, even if it's a speed increase a la Wisp or Volt, could prove to be a little too strong.

Feel free to level any criticisms you want, or even suggest your own ideas.

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14
  • Like 2

Inverse Kinematics (Mach Rush augment)

Mach Rush is always on as you move, without draining or using energy. Sprinting use sustain Rush, walking use short bursts. Hold 1 to temporarily turn power off at cost of energy drain. So basically inverts how 1st ability works.

Lets go total crazy, because why not.

• 1 year later...

Think you could combine Zakrufu and the Mach Gore Idea:

On 2021-07-28 at 3:13 PM, Zakrufu said:

I would like a gauss augment where in Mach Rush he turns quicker, that would be cool

Centrifugal Anchor: Hold casting Mach Rush drops a tether to on the side 2 m away from Gauss's current position along the direction he is traveling. The camera zooms out and can pan freely over the 4m diameter area while the tether allows gauss to build to full speed running within its diameter.

Enemies that approach the tether have the damage applied at its current level.

Energy is consumed at a constant rate while mach rush is held. 

Releasing Mach Rush will project Gauss at his current mach rush level towards the players cross hairs and the camera returns to normal.