Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving extraction

JefTheReaper

Its come to my attention that we finally got what we were asking for a long time, being able to solo extract from endless missions like survival (many thanks for finally adding this feature)

however it still seems to have some kinks and errors that could be worked out.

In short:

The countdown for leaving should become individual and trigger when you yourself, without anyone else is at the extraction zone.

Should the countdown expire, then you are the only one to be extracted.
Other players will not see this extraction countdown.

Should multiple players wait at the extraction zone, they will STILL only have their own individual countdown, and will leave when their countdown expires.
Other players should no longer be forced to extract the zone with them (many close calls like almost reaching that item you were there for, only to be warped right to the exit)

Should all players be percent at the exit, the timers will be bypassed and everyone will be extracted simultaneously.

This should also apply for every mission type, not just endless missions, allowing anyone that still wants to explore/grind or just goof around to do so without being forced to go with the rest of the the team that wants to extract, or vice versa.

Why not? right now the entire team is forced to leave if two people want or need to go.
If everyone could leave when they wanted to (after the mission is complete) then there would be no problem.
especially considering that the ones left behind can either choose to keep on going or leave themselves, rather then being booted out because somebody else did not want to stay.

Communication is only key when you play with a serious group, when with random's. Let them leave when they want to, I'll try to keep soloing it until I know I can't anymore.

Edited by JefTheReaper

I wouldnt recommend solo extractions for non-endless missions. It already triggers if two or more people from the squad are in the extraction zone. Thats good enough imo. It saves time when someone joins a mission late or spawns at the beginning, is stuck, bugged or lost. Especially if its you at the back and you can just have the team extract instead of having to run all the way. Not to mention not failing the mission if youre dead and your revives are finished. 

It might be acceptable in ideal scenarios but those are rare. I'm glad for the solo possible extractions in endless missions so people arent held hostage, but I wouldnt go for it in non-endless missions.

9 hours ago, Arkennstar said:

I wouldnt recommend solo extractions for non-endless missions. It already triggers if two or more people from the squad are in the extraction zone. Thats good enough imo. It saves time when someone joins a mission late or spawns at the beginning, is stuck, bugged or lost. Especially if its you at the back and you can just have the team extract instead of having to run all the way. Not to mention not failing the mission if youre dead and your revives are finished. 

It might be acceptable in ideal scenarios but those are rare. I'm glad for the solo possible extractions in endless missions so people arent held hostage, but I wouldnt go for it in non-endless missions.

You seem to misunderstand.
people can't extract before the mission is done, I'm not suggesting that to change.
I am proposing that people can leave solo AFTER the mission is finished, so that those that want to wander around (look for sigils for syndicates, look for their scan targets, borderline insane break open every crate and look for rare drops)

So you won't have any situations where you will suddenly be all alone facing the biggest enemy waves, or defend a target completely alone as you need to finish the mission before somebody gets to leave.

For endless missions, other players should be notified if somebody is about to leave via a HUD message (1 player is extracting, 2 players are extracting, etc.) Allowing you to decide within the time frame of their individual countdown wherever you want to leave with them, or if you want to keep on going solo. (considering a lot of long time warframe players, soloing most missions is not a big deal, its just annoying as it takes 3 times more the effort unless you are a endless energy nuke frame)

Overall I can't see why it would be a problem, and I will gladly debunk any reasons anyone can give. (If I remember to check this post once in a while.)