The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

After The Gauss Update. Lighting issues and overexaggeration

BelialCrow

So after The latest installment in the game, Lighting seems to have lost control and everything is awefully overexaggerated.

Here are some examples:

Orbiter has this very weird white light almost like a filter

grinner ship maps are very yellowish to orange, more than usual

corpus maps are share that odd white filterish light just like the orbiter 

and some infested maps are darker than usual.

also after the update metal parts of attachments and stuff appear to be far brighter but less glossy

Now what leads me to the conclusion that the update is what cause this:

Well, not much aside from the fact that it was all fine before the drop, i run the game at full settings but dont imagine any max on Bloom, i tried to turn off some lighting options but that didnt really change anything (post patch)

Do you people share a similar problem if yes any way to fix it perhaps? or to make it less, well noticable?

i am having an eye problem and this lighting problem has really taken me out from warframe gameplay the past couple of days so any help would be appricieated 

I  concur 100%

I also found that the shaders on the metallic parts are straight up awful, the ligting is very bad in all tile sets and in the orbiter as well, the colors seem so washed up. And in some instances I get something like and akward flash or dimming. In some cases the hue changes when a teammate fire his weapon in close proximity.

Don't even try to disable the color correction or light exposure, you'll only make it worse.

I have tried various setups with light/contrast but nothing helps. Please DE, look into this.

31 minutes ago, shadowstormr said:

Same issue here actually, the only thing that helps somewhat is turning down the brightness to 35, disabling adaptive exposure and bloom.This isn't going to get addressed until tuesday sadly since there's a long weekend in canada and the studio's closed

Yeah, let's hope they patch this up with the next prime vault on September 3rd. Seriously, I used to be in love with how this game looks on max settings but alas...

I was super stoked for the lighting changes, possibly the the main thing that had me excited about the update since I feel warframe can look so much more juicy. Felt like a slap in the face after it dropped 😄 Well, that's software development for you. S#&$ breaks all the time and this sadly coincided with the weekend. 

1 hour ago, _MaJestiC_ said:

I  concur 100%

I also found that the shaders on the metallic parts are straight up awful, the ligting is very bad in all tile sets and in the orbiter as well, the colors seem so washed up. And in some instances I get something like and akward flash or dimming. In some cases the hue changes when a teammate fire his weapon in close proximity.

Don't even try to disable the color correction or light exposure, you'll only make it worse.

I have tried various setups with light/contrast but nothing helps. Please DE, look into this.

All of that. Plus some times my star chartys becomes super blue and bright and its basically see through along with loading screens

Can confirm following: 

All light sources in corpus missions are overtly bright to the point of interfering with visibility and causing noticeable physical discomfort in prolonged missions 

Lighting in grineer missions seems more yellow/orange and significantly uneven between various rooms (dead end rooms seem especially dark) 

Metallic effects on orbiter skins seem flat and desaturated, with very strongly visible loss of color intensity from before mainline patch (most noticeable on what used to be vibrant gold, now faded to almost pastel yellow), all colors look like they've been passed through whitening filter. 

When asked about color changes post-mainline in alliance chat I received confirmation that multiple players noticed similar issues (especially in corpus tileset) 

I basically can't use the Arca Plasmor anymore, because whenever the projectile hits a surface and explodes, I get this awful blinding flash of red light all over my screen, regardless of what direction I'm facing.
It even happens when other people use it, and even when we're in separate rooms. The new lighting has so many bright flashing lights that I've basically got a headache every time I play.

• Like 1