Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus underwater sections needs work (and nightmare)

zharmad

I became rather frustrated by the significant bugs encountered specific to Uranus missions today, particular where extermination is concerned. There are several maddening aspects listed in point form:

1. When the extraction point is underwater, the red next target icon and the extraction icon don't work. It always points towards the entrance to the last underwater section.

2. On my last nightmare Uranus run today, I needed to kill 308(!) enemies and came up about 100 short. There are simply not enough enemies on the map, and the game is forced to spawn them near the end.

3. When the backup enemies do spawn underwater, they basically spawn within about 30m of the player in a large pack. Makes it unnecessarily dangerous and inconsistent.

4. When players die, they spawn right back at the entrance to the underwater section. The archwing here takes a couple of minutes to traverse each time.

5. After all that and killing ~100 enemies, I received no affinity for my Archwing, rendering the underwater part a complete waste of 20 minutes.

So the nightmare mission that should have been 15 minutes turned into 30 minutes. Backtracking throughout the underwater parts trying to figure out how to finish while being ambushed. This is very jarring compared to the rest of the beautiful game. Thanks.

P.S. I also wasted many minutes in other copies of Uranus underwater missions that also suffer the same useless iconography, trying to learn the map. It's a S#&$ experience picking up this part of the game.

Edited by zharmad

Not really a fix but when I get an Uranus exterminate mission with 150+ enemies I tend to just quit, likelihood of underwater section seem to increase with higher enemy count.

Agree that Uranus underwater areas are a pain, pity since the rest of Uranus is quite good.

yeah the treasures and currents underwater lighting and features are somewhat lacking interesting buttons and features to keep the map interesting a few sea weeds should remain and keep the warframe camoflagud and coated but the enemy can also do the same trick and hit you with a barebottle attack and some laser lenses attacheaments on their riffles and amplifyers for their long ranged shooting, i picture the grineer have better weapons and numbers at their factories and some greater gear, and commanding leaders who can use lances and better withstand bullet and melee attacks in each area at least some dogs and exploding should cause some zombies and corpses to come to, while the corpus who invade in some other entrances will enhance the gameplay, but there should be some wild life and fishing and minning to discover if the players explore enough, i hate those empty rooms, and requirements to scan S#&$ when theres no actually good rewards, its #*!%ing scary enough.

at least make it scarier with fogs and traps, closing gates and door switches should scare the crap out of players who get to traveling too fasts without robotics and gear carries, keys and cheating compensating with a few stronger turrets and replacing some of the parts in the map for interesting items and destructables or collectable scans and mods for archwing, k-drive, kitguns, and robotics would the okay, but we need something original for the water levels to be alittle more explorable and rewarding, even if there is some oil spill which can catch fire or electricity, the game over and loading screens might need rework, and underwater tunnels to be somewhat more exciting, i mentioned k-drive parts to find another purpose as the players find treasure chest and lockers with random S#&$ inthem, i would guess some rations and batteries for guns and robotic enhancements might have a temporary feature, like the idea of flashlight batteries for some areas, and that some rumbling and shaking would keep the area more interesting if some organic enemies were added, it doesnt have to be infested, but it woulnt hurt to fight a giant under some areas, and to deploy some technology and switch to MP mode mid mission if you are freking out.

Edited by SnakeBadger

On 2019-09-11 at 6:17 AM, Unimira said:

Not really a fix but when I get an Uranus exterminate mission with 150+ enemies I tend to just quit, likelihood of underwater section seem to increase with higher enemy count.

Agree that Uranus underwater areas are a pain, pity since the rest of Uranus is quite good.

yeah some partial rewards and extraction enhancements might be cool to see that there is some disruption at extraction points which last a short while before extacting a few turrets and backup fire and machines at the green points, while the enemies who have been marked to die get smarter and use reinforments and shields or choose to inject themselves with the infested serum, or some aughmenting feature that transforms them into larger monsters and or use larger weapons and turrets which makes them less predictable to kill and have higher defense like clasic shootem up bosses, instead of just tripping.

Same issue in the syndicate mission, very glitchy markers. I was eventually able to find a way out but it took some effort. Had to wonder around looking for an exit for almost 30 minutes. Some areas of the map are not accessible due to some doors refusing to open fully to let me through. They did open partly, so I was able to kill the enemies there through the gap and through walls with Redeemer.

A good idea is to have a teleporter and some machine guns or robots that the orbiter deploys when the player is nearing the extraction, so ordis is like shooting things with lasers from the ship and a shield protects the area at large with an orb of shields there is an energy meter and bar which required energy, and the player THEN can safely extract at each zone a different type of resources and endo, while the statues could be inserted into a speccimen, and arrangement to function as a magical augment and upgrades, i mean we getting railjack, might as well upgrade the extraction and entry points for all planets and mission types, this would bring up some interesting chats about communications and manufacturers like Armored core had some experts throwing parts and weapons at the players to tests and mods back in the day, now i dont know whats happened to that franchise, but we have archwing, and we have alot of different planet's to work with, so maybe that we get this update soon or not, both good options.