Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Good Ignis Build With Potato

alphex

Question

12 answers to this question

That's a pretty nice all-around build, although you might want to rank up some anti-Faction mods and replace your Critical mod with it for maximum effectiveness against the enemy you're going to be fighting. Critical mods do next to diddly squat for Ignis; a maxed Crit Chance gives the Ignis a grand total of 12.5% Crit Chance, which really isn't worth it.

Split Chamber... Not so sure about that one. I finally found one sitting in my inventory today (no idea how I got it), but I haven't had the time to use it yet.

Rank it up a bit and then do some test runs on high-health dummies using nothing equipped for the first run and only Split Chamber for the second. See if it kills stuff any faster.

If it does work, then yes, toss that Split Chamber in there. Replace crit/anti-Faction mods with it for sure.

Edited by SortaRandom

Yeah, split chamber does indeed work.  If you're looking for a full forma build, I'd suggest going the standard rainbow route (damage, elemental mods, multi-shot).  Stay away from fire rate mods and crit mods; the former does nothing for you and the latter has hardly any effect on this Ignis.  If you don't intend to forma it I'd suggest serration, piercing hit, cryo rounds, split chamber, and either hellfire or stormbringer depending on the faction.  If you find yourself having ammo issues, sub in a maxed ammo mutation mod for one of the elemental mods.

Edited by Wriith

Remove Point Strike and Add Split Chamber.

Also remove Stormbringer and Add Wildfire.

That's it basically... Ignis is a pure fire weapon therefore extremely effective against Infested and poor against Corpus (average against Grineers).

So you want to use it against Infested only basically and Stormbringer is crap for them... also Point Strike is not good because Ignis only has 2.5% crit chance... if you dont have split chamber you could add an higher ranked Cryo Rounds

edit: oh yeah, like others have said also the faction's specific mods are good "Bane of ******"

Edited by Phoenix86

PS: Ignis is capable of scoring AoE headshots too.

Oh, actually?

I get the little crunch/splatter sound effects when I kill an enemy while aiming at their head, but it's never killed anything any faster for me...

Edited by SortaRandom

Oh, actually?

I get the little crunch/splatter sound effects when I kill an enemy while aiming at their head, but it's never killed anything any faster for me...

yup, well... stuff goes down 2*times faster when i aim for the head (or legs if ancients) so i assume it is actually able to hit specifical weak points

I'm about to build my own Ignis and was wondering, how effective is Shred on it?

Do I need to reserve mod points for that delicious puncture or should I just ignore it and slap in another damage mod instead?

Shred is not needed, you will see by yourself as soon as you use it :)

That's it basically... Ignis is a pure fire weapon therefore extremely effective against Infested and poor against Corpus (average against Grineers).

So you want to use it against Infested only basically and Stormbringer is crap for them... also Point Strike is not good because Ignis only has 2.5% crit chance... if you dont have split chamber you could add an higher ranked Cryo Rounds

Wrong.  Infested are no longer immune/resistant to lightning.  It works just fine against them, in fact, nobody has resistances to any element anymore, so at worst, they do their base damage, before armor comes into play, which is only a problem when they're high level.

The Ignis is great against ALL factions until very high level enemies, and those bane of XXX mods only add at max 30% extra damage, which is only good when you're using a full rainbow build BECAUSE it boosts the damage of all of the different elemental mods.

I'd focus primarily on Infested. It should be your go-to Infested Primary weapon.

Serration

Bane of Infested [Can swap other Banes for other factions]

Split Chamber

Hellfire [Can swap for Stormbringer against Corpus]

Wildfire

Piercing Hit

Cryo Rounds

Final Slot can be any of these: [stormbringer for more dmg, Ammo Mutation, Ammo Drum if you don't have ammo mutation or have ammo issues (Carrier helps), Firestorm? (probably not worth it)]

Edited by TrevV