The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Decoration Resize Bug (And how to get around it)

Muntyness

Alrighty, so as of the last mainline patch resizing decorations are completely screwed, with the + and - keys sometimes not working, and using r+mouse movement jerking between sizes at random.

So after doing some decoration I've found out that, like the random rotation bug being linked to angle snapping, it seems like the resize has somehow been linked to the Grid Snapping.

Basically if you set the grid snapping to "Cycle grid Snapping [Grid: OFF]" you can properly resize the decorations with the + and - keys again. Resizing with the mouse is now also smooth too.

So yeah, turn off Grid Snapping if you want to resize anything, and then turn it back on when you want to actually place it.

Just to confirm, if you are using the "press R to scale" method, you need to move your mouse up and down, not left to right
Using the + and - keys, they are set to your num pad + and -

Please let me know if this is not the case and I can look into this further. 

28 minutes ago, [DE]Tweep said:

Just to confirm, if you are using the "press R to scale" method, you need to move your mouse up and down, not left to right
Using the + and - keys, they are set to your num pad + and -

Please let me know if this is not the case and I can look into this further. 

Yeah, I do mean the + and - on the number pad and R+mouse up and down. (I've resized alot of stuff over the years)

Fun thing about this bug though - it doesn't always happen.

As far as I can tell the bug only seems to hit after you've changed the Grid Snapping at least once. So if you've only just entered the dojo you'll be fine, but once you've changed the snap from, say, 0.10m to 0.25m then you'll be affected by the resize bug unless you've set the grid to OFF, or you reenter your dojo.

Edit: just for some more info when the bug hits it doesnt completely stop you completely resizing - it just puts walls up. So for example when the bug hits for me the Orokin Bench is able able to go down in size once, when it can normally go down in size 19 times.

Edited by Muntyness