Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallen Guardian Rhino.

Serifaz

Hello I am working on a new skin for Rhino. Fallen Guardian, I originally was just going to do a helmet but I decided to just finish off a full skin.
sofar I only have work done to the helmet and was wondering if I could get some feedback.

I started doing most the detail on a front plate of the face but when I went to the head and started detailing the face behind the front plate I started to like it too.

What do you guys think. should I keep the front plate or the face behind it?

This is the front plate with the helmet

hHcx3i7.png 

Front plate without the helmet and textured (no bumpmaps)6o6WNhO.png

helmet without the front plate untextured.
TxbVA57.png

Im honestly torn myself because I like both. but I am thinking the style of just the helmet without the plate is more smooth and feels like something that could be accepted more than with the plate.

Idk give me your thoughts guys.

To be honest Im not completely sure.

I was going for a more corpus look.Aside from the horns. Which I kinda just thought I would fit into the scheme.
Maybe I don't know the faction looks well enough yet ;(

Edited by Serifaz

Il y a 7 heures, Serifaz a dit :

To be honest Im not completely sure.

I was going for a more corpus look.Aside from the horns. Which I kinda just thought I would fit into the scheme.
Maybe I don't know the faction looks well enough yet ;(

It's a big mistake, knowing what faction you're working on is the most important stuff to start with, especially if you are not familiar with the warframe art style yet.
Knowing what faction you are working on help you choosing inspirations from existing stuff of that faction let you understand what if possible or not.

From what I see on your design, the helmet look both infested and grineer while the front plate sounds corpus mixed with grineer.

You should definitely choose one faction and stick with it, even use big chucks of existing stuff and tweak them to keep the faction style. If you're not sculpting, I really recommand Corpus style.

9 hours ago, Lazarow said:

what faction is this for? The bump plate kind feels like grineer.

If its grineer inspired its already got my vote. Steel Meridian numbuh one. Yea it looks great tho. It has a very grustag 3 look which are my favorite hidden bosses.

20 minutes ago, Serifaz said:

I have decided to make this Orokin Themed.
I would like to theme it after the art style. So I will have to restructure this model obviously

Not sure if you can do the Orokin style, it's not listed as a Faction for themes in the TennoGen guide, and DE has said to avoid using gold metallics.

But perhaps you could do the Grineer-Orokin hybrid style, similar to Seer and Vor?

20 hours ago, Serifaz said:

I have decided to make this Orokin Themed.

For orkoin you need to make it Tenno, make the model and texturing look smooth, then give metallic parts to it, but you cannot have those part being gold when you present it so picking something like brown or another color that does not look like prime gold. Hoesntly some players like metallic parts to look prime but the prime is achieved by recoloring it via in game color pallets(I think that way it can pass when judged by art team)

Edited by Lazarow