Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime Fire Rate

shut

Question

The Wiki says it fires at 5.8 blasts per second, which absolutely doesn't seem right to me at all. I mean, a shotgun. Nearly six blasts in a single second. Fang doesn't even do that many hits that fast.

So my question is-- is this accurate, or is this with a maxed fire rate mod, or is this just a completely made-up number that some guy decided to toss onto there?

4 answers to this question

The Wiki says it fires at 5.8 blasts per second, which absolutely doesn't seem right to me at all. I mean, a shotgun. Nearly six blasts in a single second. Fang doesn't even do that many hits that fast.

So my question is-- is this accurate, or is this with a maxed fire rate mod, or is this just a completely made-up number that some guy decided to toss onto there?

The Boar is an auto-shotgun, so yes, it fires very fast for a shotgun. While I don't have the primed Boar, it seem entirely reasonable to have a firerate of 0.8 more than the regular version.

The Boar is an auto-shotgun, so yes, it fires very fast for a shotgun. While I don't have the primed Boar, it seem entirely reasonable to have a firerate of 0.8 more than the regular version.

Especially since its base damage is weaker than the regular Boar.

I'd like to see what a Accelerated Blast and Shotgun Spazz does to Boar Prime. Any videos?

EDIT: Nevermind.

http://youtu.be/hijEgAqXAdw?t=3m9s

Edited by Casardis

Oh god, just saw the Boar's firing rate. Never noticed that before.

Erhm... The Boar has a higher base DPS than the Strun Wraith at point-blank range (reload aside), and that's assuming that Straith is completely unaffected by FPS drop and the physical limitations of the average human finger. What...

I'm so confused. How is the Boar series not topping Straith in the kill-Kril time list?

Edited by SortaRandom

Oh god, just saw the Boar's firing rate. Never noticed that before.

Erhm... The Boar has a higher base DPS than the Strun Wraith at point-blank range (reload aside), and that's assuming that Straith is completely unaffected by FPS drop and the physical limitations of the average human finger. What...

I'm so confused. How is the Boar series not topping Straith in the kill-Kril time list?

Because their real DPS is lower, you have to reload when killing Kril.

Edited by Definitegj