Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvement ideas for boring/tired content

(PSN)XxDrakenguardxX

So we all know there are some things that we either don't touch after were done with them or only do so when we need something specific from it. Things like fortuna and cetus themselves become pretty redundant once we've done it all.

I've been noodling around in my head wondering what could be done to improve them and I've a few ideas.

Part one: basic, boring, missions

Ok so we all do exterminate, capture, ext. We do those all the time, and I do mean ALL the time. Thing is only sabatoge gives you part of a reason to keep poking around the map and not ember WOF blitz your way through it. For these i propose the inclusion of extra objectives/tweaks.

Exterminate: if you kill a large quantity of enemies in rapid succession a faction specific enemy (or hit squad) will spawn in to stop you. Said squad will be scaled two planets stronger and will drop recources, new weapon parts(specific to that group or individual), or even a new mod. The drop chances however would need to be scaled by level to avoud spamming the 1st node for easy loot.

Capture: add in multiple capture targets and a room similar to derelict vaults. In order to open the room you'll need to capture all 3 targets and find it. The rewards could be faction based. the corpus would be hiding away a small trove of credits and resources. Grineer weapon schematics(some common, some specal to the rooms). Infested would have one target and only the scraps of whatever faction base your in. And the corrupted would have a random mod from a pool of new ones.

Defense: adding in automated defensive measures and allowing you to change up the battlefield (cover, close a few doors/stop spawns from a spot, ECT).

Mobile defense: a new enemy will spawn in that if allowed to get close to an in progress terminal they will shut down the hack and steal the data mass.  You'll need to quickly hunt them down before they escape and fail the mission. (This one is more about them actually attempting to stop you than rewards.)

Lastly is spy: add in a new decryption key that drops form a vault warden. They'll be in the vault and ever on the lookout for intruders. Said warden woukd be a specal type of eximus unit that can see through cloaks. If you can sneak up on and kill it, the key would unlock additional data thus granting extra rewards that aren't in the normal pool or will allow you to recover lost data. Be warned though, if caught the timer for data deletion will immediately begin and they will destroy their key in half that time.

Continued in next post...

Part 2: open worlds and their boring townspeople

So we've all done the bounties and bought all the stuff. But what do you do with a person after you've gotten everything from them? Zilch, nada, nothing.

My idea is to give each NPC merchant in cetus and fortuna their own mini quests like helping clem. These begin psudo random bounties you do as favors for that individual. They will reward you with your choice of three options on the daily.

1st will be an item from their stock, by this point your alredy at max rank thus your a close friend and they wouldn't mind. 2nd will be a service related to what they do. 3ed will be to take neither, thus earning you rep instead.

In cetus we have

Fisher hi-luk, she'll ask you to find a certain type of fish and will provide you with a bait for it. For her 2nd option she'll give you a bundle of baits.

Old man suumbat, he'll ask you to acquire an ore or clear out some grineer infesting a mining spot. His 2nd will reward you with a bundle of refined gems or ores

Hok, hell lend you a weapon and ask you to kill grineer with it to try it out. His 2nd will be to improve one of your as zaws(aka he'll put a forma in it).

Master teasonai, his will involve hunting a certain number of an animal or kill grineer hurting the population. His 2nd will be to enhance one of your animals(aka apply a forma to them for you)

In fortuna we have

LD, she'll have you clean up some shaddy buissness/trouble She's gotten info on or into. Her 2nd will have her rewarding you with a few torroids of random variant.

Legs, he'll have you "squire" some robotic components for him. His 2nd will have him spruce up a Sentinel or moa for you (aka apply a forma for you).

Zuud, will have you try out a new KG she's been working on. Her 2nd will be to enhance a kitgun for you(aka applying a forma for you)

The buissness, he'll have you do some "calculated extermination and sabatoge", his second will be the fish rarity booster items(yeah i forgot their name)

Smoke finger, same as suumbat but with fortuna enemies and rewards.

Ticker, he needs you to "loose" some debt in the corpus data centers. He'll reward you with some binds for his 2nd reward.

These missions and rewards are more like doing favors for your friends. As you do them they'll also call you such. Your not just surah or ally by association but an actual friend to that individual.

Part 3: conclave, I mean its conclave who cares? Ok thats a bit cold but the mode has been ignored by de for how long? Anyhow, id say the mode needs tweaks in general. I cant really say much here given how little i play the mode.

Part 4:  Archwing, the mode archwing is nothing like when we use it on the ground. The mode is just shallow and could do with more variations. An idea would be to incorperate other mission tyoes like capture and sabatoge having you enter and leave archwing at diffrent points to navigate the ship.(something like what they want to do with railjack but more contained to a 1 ship opperation.

Edited by (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX

2 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX said:

Early much? I said next post not topic. Took me a bit to write it all out.

post, topic, thread, whatever, regardless the fact remains that you can just copy what you wrote in your second post and paste it in the first, there is no need to spread it out

Edited by BaIthazar

The things I wish they improved is put more planets even galaxies we are not the only solar system in the universeI know its times but there is times where I get on the game and just sit there and be look at the planets they have and be like wow this game can really take off if there was more planets.

Not even the planets if they add more storylines that continue the unfinished stories in the game like what happened to mother lotus or if we get her back or something like that. I just wish it was more quests in the game with out a continuous storyline the game will begin to get boring.

19 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

post, topic, thread, whatever, regardless the fact remains that you can just copy what you wrote in your second post and paste it in the first, there is no need to spread it out

Sounds like the my way or the highway mentality. Exactly why is it I clearly CANNOT do this post in the format I wanted to? Regardless of said methods effectivness it was how I wanted to do it. Thus wasting my time writing this out in frustration because said method is no longer doable. I'll condense it all into post one because i have too now.

Just now, (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX said:

Sounds like the my way or the highway mentality. Exactly why is it I clearly CANNOT do this post in the format I wanted to? Regardless of said methods effectivness it was how I wanted to do it. Thus wasting my time writing this out in frustration because said method is no longer doable. I'll condense it all into post one because i have too now.

Simply because there is no valid reason to post it in separate posts, what was stopping you from just holding off on posting the thread until your main post was complete?

What do you GAIN by splitting the topic in multiple posts?

You lose more than you gain, you lose cohesion, efficiency, ease of reading.

It wasn't a matter of "my way or the highway" it was a matter of there being no valid reason to do what you did. 

8 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Simply because there is no valid reason to post it in separate posts, what was stopping you from just holding off on posting the thread until your main post was complete?

What do you GAIN by splitting the topic in multiple posts?

You lose more than you gain, you lose cohesion, efficiency, ease of reading.

It wasn't a matter of "my way or the highway" it was a matter of there being no valid reason to do what you did. 

other than its just how I wanted to Do it. Not everything has to have a reason more than that.

Edited by (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX

1 minute ago, (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX said:

other than its just how I wanted to. Not everything has to have a reason more than that.

"It's how I want to do it" would be fine but you should take into consideration those you want to read your topic.

If you want people to read your topic you should make it as easy as possible for them to do so.

If someone sees a post that has been split up in 2 or more posts they might decide to just bail on the topic.