Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Klamora Prism and how it is (almost) good now.

Zero-Tres

So, I watched this video: https://youtu.be/oXDfl-fiRLg

As it turns out they fixed Klamora Prism, and it is pretty good now.

I tested it myself and I was very happy about this at first. I think this is a great change for the game. It's great having an amp that is great for Eidolons even without having to use Void Strike, Virtuos Shadow/Strike/Fury, Unairu Wisp and Volt Shields all at the same time.

Needing all of the previous to do actual good damage to the Eidolon shields creates a huge player gap where players are either terrible or great against Eidolons, which is not good for the game.

With Klamora Prism being good even without using Void Strike makes a solid Amp for 3x3s and such.

So, what is the problem with Klamora Prism?

The problem is that it does this thing where it will collide with stuff and the beam diverts to some random direction. I don't know if this is intended, but it severely cripples the damage output of the Amp. Specially against Gauntalyst and Hydrolist, and even more when they're coming out of the water, I can't find an angle from which they can be hit properly, since the beam needs to multihit the Eidolon on it's full extend to reach it's full damage potential.

https://imgur.com/a/QAr0zd6

Conclusion: Klamora Prism is pretty good as it is right now, however this thing where the beam diverts on colliding with the Eidolons severely cripples it's damage, making it bad against Gauntalyst and Hydrolist. I hope this gets fixed and the beam always goes straight where it is pointed instead, at least when pointed against enemies, this would make it a great choice for 2x3s and 3x3s, which is great for the game.

Edited by Zero-Tres

Just now, TheRealShade said:

A way around that issue right now is, as stated in the video you linked, to hit them in the crotch.

Just now, Autongnosis said:

Aim for the balls. 

Always a great solution

As stated in my post, that doesn't work well on gaunt and hydro.

45 minutes ago, vwum said:

Unfortunately it's not all that accessible since it's the last prism available from little duck. Gotta max out Solaris United and then put a lot of work into Vox Solaris as well.

You could say, but Solaris is rather easy to max, takes a while but it's easy really.

Klamora is now superior to most amp parts when it comes to Eidolon, so it kinda makes sense that's it's difficult to obtain. It can be very strong when buffed and used at it's most.

T2 Prism is still top tier and easier to obtain.

Edited by Zero-Tres

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-10-01 at 1:56 PM, Zero-Tres said:

however this thing where the beam diverts on colliding with the Eidolons severely cripples it's damage, making it bad against Gauntalyst and Hydrolist.

A way I get around it is by jumping with my operator but with the way it's behaving right now in game is not intended. I hope it gets resolved soon and not nurfed

On 2019-10-09 at 10:44 PM, (PS4)al2PRO said:

A way I get around it is by jumping with my operator but with the way it's behaving right now in game is not intended. I hope it gets resolved soon and not nurfed

That's interesting, I kinda want to try it, but I've also given up on using it by now.

It is great for teralyst, but for the bigger guys it just doesn't work most of the time.

I think the amp is sorta working as intended, it just goes crazy with the eidolons' strange hitboxes, idk...