Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meticulous Aim on Vulkar: Why it needs a change

(NSW)Dreadmonster

Hello. I've been pretty hyped by Vulkar getting a bit more attention with Nightwave. 

But, it's a mod dead in the egg. Devs got a nice idea for this mod and make the weapon more interesting to play.

But it doesn't work. Not as it should.

Meticulous Aim gives +105% headshot and -45% bodyshot bonuses. 

Issue is that the headshot bonus will apply to any initial hit, but when it comes to status, like slash or gas, that initial hit will result in a proc applied to target's body. Thus resulting in +60% headshot bonus for those.

Basically Target Acquired with a very painful gameplay negative. Game mechanics don't give the results players had in mind when getting the mod, so it's pretty much dead even before being released. 

Please DE! Give it a look! 

I'd be curious to hear what my fellow Vulkar lovers think about that. Thanks for reading :3

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Dreadmonster said:

Issue is that the headshot bonus will apply to any initial hit, but when it comes to status, like slash or gas, that initial hit will result in a proc applied to target's body. Thus resulting in +60% headshot bonus for those.

It doesn't end up resulting in a +60% headshot multiplier. The -45% bodyshot damage is multiplicative to the total. So on a DoT proc from a headshot, it will calculate as
proc damage formula x (1 + zoom level bonus + 1.05) x (1 - 0.45). So the relative gain from Meticulous Aim for a slash proc at level 1 zoom (+35% headshot damage) vs Target Acquired (+60% headshot damage) is [(1 + 0.35 + 1.05) x (1 - 0.45)]/(1 + 0.35 + 0.6) - 1 = 0.323. That's right, its a decrease in performance. Relatively significant too.

7 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I thought about stats that could keep the main idea behind the mod. +Headshot Damage -Damage should do the trick, but those would need to have a fair balance in values ; I'm unable to put figures on that. 

Edited by (NSW)Dreadmonster
Miss click quote

• 1 month later...