Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you guys introduce a way to skip the first hour or so of enemy scaling on a node?

jpoopz

I've been playing this game for a long time, and I like to fight really high level enemies sometimes. It is fun and a good way to test my builds and abilities. But at the current juncture, if I want to fight tough enemies I have to slog through an hour or two of lower level enemies before they reach a point where they are strong. It makes it really difficult to fight these tough enemies in a group because we are human and need to go potty. 

I know arbitrations and sorties exist, but that's not the same - arbitrations have those drones and special rewards, while sorties are a once a day thing with special rules when an endless mission is in the pool.

My first thought was maybe a craftable item similar to dragon keys that you put on your gear wheel that makes all the enemies higher level, but really any mechanic would work. It just would be really nice to be able to do normal missions, just with much much higher leveled enemies for fun. It could even have the same rewards as the normal mission.

I know it's alot to ask for, but I know there's a bunch of us out there that would love a way to skip the hour or so of tedium to get to the tougher enemies. Thank you for reading this, even if you decide not to implement it!

Edited by jpoopz
  • Like 1

What, you don't like to spend 3 hours in a survival to finally get those level 5000 enemies to appear? I think the fear is "high lvl affinity too stronk". Maybe scared of people power leveling ever more than what's currently possible?
Either way, this idea could have prevented my playing Destiny 2...for at least a couple weeks or so >_<

It had been asked for years but DE wouldn't do it - even arbys and sorties start slow with lvl ~60s. And that's because high levels expose the balance problems even more, you would only play certain frames and weapons that make any content easy and people would complain that some Ember (or whatever) is too weak and DE doesn't want to balance anything. 

You could get high scaling quickly in Fortuna open world if you don't destroy the alert poles and the enemies are more tough there, had lvl~140-150 in ~15 min time in the Temple of profit