Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vandals, Primes, Wraiths (And Helmets) As Skins And How To Solve Some Issues

Azamagon

YOU are the only one I see trying to call me out and make me feel bad for suggesting that with even the smallest amount of self-control, the issues you're trying so hard to address wouldn't exist.  I gave you specific reasons why it's a bad idea and doesnt fit with the way the forma/tater system works, and you respond by trying to mount a  campaign on behalf of "other players who might be downtrodden"?  I even offered a solution, but not one that a lazy player would approve of.  You gave nothing except pointed fingers and veiled character insults.  This leads me to believe that YOU feel "burned" by some expenditure or another and have no logical arguements to put into play.

You didnt even bother trying to dispute that it's all about being lazy and loose with your resources, and you dont seem to comprehend that you're asking for 1 tater and X formas (X based on the needs of that particular weapon) to cover a base weapon and every other weapon in that particular upgrade path.  To a reasonable person, that sounds absolutely ludicrous as it trivializes the idea of upgrading your weapons and no amount of trying to make me feel bad instead of providing counter-points or points of compromise will change that. 

Now, if you're quite finished with this sympathy grab and passive-aggressive demonization of the folks that disagree with you, you'll find that many if not all of the "others" are out putting in that time and effort for their forma'd and tatered weapons upgrades. Maybe you should follow suit or at least bring some logic arguements to the table instead of a half-assed bleeding heart.

Edit:  I read through some of your other responses on other topics, and in most of those you've provided fairly thoughtful points/counter-points and havent resorted to the sort of behavior I've seen from you in this thread.  What makes this thread seem so personal to you?

I'm just gonna reply quickly to you - The reason why I might have a more "emotional" response to you than i usually have is because I'm tired of people trying to fight justice (so to speak, this debatte here isn't exactly about the end of the world). It has nothing to do with me feeling "burned" about my own potatoes/formas, or to try and "feed laziness" or anything like that, I just have a passion (too much perhaps?) for fairness and balance. I see opposition against justice and fairness all too often, every day (about IMPORTANT things), so yeah, i tend to get a little angry/emotional when i feel people seem to wanna keep things unfair or unjust for others. When then i try to do something as simple as bring some justice into something where i feel i CAN make a change (such as a videogame like this), yeah, you can expect me to give grumpy responses to opposers.

I also know that some people simply do NOT have good selfcontrol (such as more young/inexperienced/not-so-bright people), so making it a more foolproof system just seems like a great and kind idea to me. Sure, if people would become wiser, that'd be great! Unfortunately, some people simply don't learn very easily (not all are born with the same qualities). It's a shame, but that's sadly how the world is. So it actually has nothing to do with trying help MYSELF, i ACTUALLY wanna be nice for those less fortunate people.

Sorry if I lashed out too much on you, I really mean no harm. I'm just... tired.

Exclusives MUST NOT be skins too.You think we all was playing on events to get a skin for weapon that we even didint have?NO NO NO NO NO.

So.. the problems comes in with skin when... a player don't have the original weapon. So even if he won or obtain the prime/whatever-special skin it would still be useless to him. 

Well, that's actually legit counterpoints. I dunno of a perfect way to solve that, but on the top of my head, how about this:

If you unlock a skin from an event, maybe you also unlock a weaponslot? That way, you can build the original weapon without having to spend platinum for its slot. Does that seem fair?

Nah. People like waving their Strun Wraiths and Snipetron Vandals in front of newbies and sneering. Take away someone's toy and you get endless whining, so no. About the alternate helmets, DE seems to prefer to think that just making every new helmet statless will solve the problem. Good idea, but good luck convincing DE to care.

First of all: People that like waving their SWraiths or SVandals just to do things such as "sneer on newbies" get ZERO sympathy from me. Bragging is simply a BAD trait to possess. If they will whine about them turning into skins (while they still boost their stats heavily, meaning they actually haven't lost ANYTHING) ... so what? These people are too ignorant for their own good anyway.

Second of all: The "toys" won't be taken away at all due to still existing as powerful skins, so you could still "sneer" with them if you want to do so. They are not going away or anything...

So this whole point about sneering/losing toys is actually no counterarguement at all actually.

On to the helmskins: Yeah, i dunno why they can't see the flaws in what they are doing with that. What they are doing just makes a powerdivide between the old and the new. What i (and many others) suggest here will be a win/win for everyone. I just dunno how they can't see that...

First of all: People that like waving their SWraiths or SVandals just to do things such as "sneer on newbies" get ZERO sympathy from me. Bragging is simply a BAD trait to possess. If they will whine about them turning into skins (while they still boost their stats heavily, meaning they actually haven't lost ANYTHING) ... so what? These people are too ignorant for their own good anyway.

Second of all: The "toys" won't be taken away at all due to still existing as powerful skins, so you could still "sneer" with them if you want to do so. They are not going away or anything...

So this whole point about sneering/losing toys is actually no counterarguement at all actually.

On to the helmskins: Yeah, i dunno why they can't see the flaws in what they are doing with that. What they are doing just makes a powerdivide between the old and the new. What i (and many others) suggest here will be a win/win for everyone. I just dunno how they can't see that...

Looking back at the Braton Vandal fiasco, it seems that DE is tired or afraid of the whining that will ensue if they mess with event-exclusives again. It's not an argument... it's just the way it is, and it's a little sad. They're probably afraid that no one will participate in their event if the rewards aren't direct upgrade gear, and they're right to an extent. Most players go after anything that's shiny as long as it's exclusive, but there are those who just don't want to bother doing anything unless there's something in it for them.

As for the helm skins, I believe DE isn't that dumb. Maybe they're just lazy to care about helmets, maybe they have enough to do at the moment to care about alternate helmet stats, maybe it isn't that simple to code a helmet + optional stat compromise system. Whatever it is, 'we'll just make all new helms statless from now on' sounds terribly lazy and inconsiderate, and I really hope that they reconsider what they're doing.

Most people would downvote your post because the weapons themselves (primes/wraiths/vandals) give them empowerment over newbies. Players here are like peacocks, we (you and i included at least some part) like strutting around with things we got that others don't. Remember the IAH Games braton skin exclusive? Oh, and reducing them to mere skins actually kind of hurts, i'll admit. RNG already #*($%%@ a lot of us so much that getting them turned into skins would make me cry blood through every opening in my body, especially my RNG-fecked &#!.