Warframe Idea: Willow

MochiDDR

Willow

A nature / plant based support and melee warframe

100 (300) Shields
150 (450) Health
100 (150) Energy
150 Armor

Excuse the poor paint drawings, I traced over the Vauban concept art to kinda piece together an idea of an appearance!

J6JfTua.png

Abilities:

1) Siphon Throw - 25 Energy
Grab a foe and crush the life out of them before tossing them forward.

Willow grabs the closest enemy in front of him, and over a 2 second animation, crushes them in his hand to absorb health, and then throws them towards wherever you're aiming at the time the animation ends. Both the enemy you grabbed and any enemy in the way of the throw will be ragdolled to the ground like bowling pins. Yes, Grineer Bowling.

Siphon Damage: 100/200/300/400. + Focus
Life Recovery: 10/20/30/40.
Throw Damage: 100 to all enemies affected. + Focus

Example (again, excuse my paint skills):

UgXRm0W.png

2) Cherry Bloom - 50 Energy
Mark a target for a sweet death, reducing their attack and restoring stamina when killed.

Willow marks a target similar to Trinity's 1 and 2. The target will have cherry blossoms circling them in the air to show that it is marked. Marked enemies deal less weapon and power damage to everything for the duration. If a target dies, they explode into even more cherry blossoms, marking any other nearby enemies and restoring stamina to all close Tenno. This helps people get into melee range and stick to targets, while also having the benefit of making bosses or any tough enemy less likely to kill a player.

Damage reduction: 9/11/13/15%. + Focus
Duration: 7/8/9/10 seconds. + Continuity
Explosion Radius: 8 meters. + Stretch
Stamina recovery: 5/10/15/20. + Focus

7B1JSgR.png

3) Snare Snap - 75 Energy
Snare foes with poisonous vines and drag them towards you.

Willow grabs enemies in a forward cone with vines, dealing poison damage and immobilizing them for several seconds. After the duration, Willow will quickly drag all snared enemies a short distance towards him without interupting his current actions.

Poison damage: 75/100/125/150 per second. + Focus
Snare duration: 3/3/4/5 seconds.
Maximum snared targets: 3/4/5/6.
Pull: Around 10 meters towards Willow.

Essentially a fire-and-forget immobilization that lets players either finish off a few stragglers or switch targets without worry of being attacked for a few seconds. Can also let Willow synergize with other players by dragging a group of enemies into another player's ability.

6yBk99A.png

4) Overgrowth - 100 Energy
Spread deadly plants that slow and damage foes that move through it. Heal when foes die within.

Willow causes plants to rapidly grow in all directions. Enemies touching the area move 25% slower and receive damage for each meter they move through the overgrowth. Enemies that die in the overgrowth heal all Tenno standing in the area and increase the movement damage of the ability for the rest of the duration. Airborne enemies are unaffected unless they are physically touching the ground or walls.

Movement damage: 50/50/75/100. + Focus

Damage increase per kill: 4/6/8/10.
Slow: 25%
Heal: 5/10/15/20 + Focus
Area of effect: 20/20/23/25 meters. + Stretch
Duration: 14/16/18/20 seconds. + Continuity

V15KKtT.png

How would this Frame fit in a team?
Willow's powers synergize well with eachother and other frame's powers. He can set up a massive trap area with Overgrowth and then drag or throw tough enemies into the area, while marking high priority targets with Cherry Bloom so they don't rip apart your team. While not a traditional healer like Trinity, his ability to move and disable enemies with ease while staying in the front lines makes him a great tank and supportive teammate.

Thanks for reading!

I like it, although tbh it seems like this would fit for more of a female frame?

I really like the first ability, its a slightly weaker soul punch that heals.

Third ability seems a little overpowered, but doing mathz it seems to be OK, although the damage seems like a lot right now, and does this function in a cone in front like mag's pull? or is it full AoE?

Cherry Bloom should last a little longer, like 5/8/11/15 +continuity 

This could either be very good or very bad as an ult, depending on how far a meter is exactly ingame. I would have it function kind of like Zyra's ult from league of legends and snap back doing 500 damage or so.

Edit: the ult doing exactly what you describe but at the end of the duration it snaps back and deals damage to enemies within the AoE.

Edit 2: Take out the increased damage per kill though, and instead just have it do 500 at the end of duration

Edited by HawksLuckyEyes

I like it, although tbh it seems like this would fit for more of a female frame?

I really like the first ability, its a slightly weaker soul punch that heals.

Third ability seems a little overpowered, but doing mathz it seems to be OK, although the damage seems like a lot right now, and does this function in a cone in front like mag's pull? or is it full AoE?

Cherry Bloom should last a little longer, like 5/8/11/15 +continuity 

This could either be very good or very bad as an ult, depending on how far a meter is exactly ingame. I would have it function kind of like Zyra's ult from league of legends and snap back doing 500 damage or so.

Edit: the ult doing exactly what you describe but at the end of the duration it snaps back and deals damage to enemies within the AoE.

Edit 2: Take out the increased damage per kill though, and instead just have it do 500 at the end of duration

I originally thought of it as a female frame too, but my friends thought it would be too similar to Saryn, so I guess I made it as a male counterpart to her.

Cherry Bloom may be a bit short, but the duration would reset when it is applied to a new enemy, so unless you were at super high levels, it should last long enough if you can keep chaining it, like starting on a weak enemy and letting it spread to the stronger ones nearby.

The third ability would be a cone, like say 90 degrees around where you're aiming, so it isn't TOO similar to Mag's Pull. (I think Mag's is a much larger area?)

I like the idea for making the entire ultimate snap up for damage, that could be good too! Just something that gives incentive to lure and kill enemies in the overgrowth to continuously make it stronger before it ends is the idea.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by MochiDDR