Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to leave squad and to finish any mission without "aborting" and restarting.

(PSN)billifred

I would like to say that I have played Warframe for about 6 years (MR27) and absolutely love the game and greatly appreciate the work of Digital Extremes.

The option of allowing players to “leave squad” and finish any mission by themselves, if they so choose (much like is offered on Eidolon Plain and Orb Valis), will allow players to complete more missions without adversely effecting their overall stats.  I recognize "abort mission" is available, but that affects overall stats as "missions quit."  I recognize this is probably no easy feat and much easier to wish for than it is to execute.

The reason for this is I typically solo EVERYTHING, but occasionally like to play with a group.  For a game like Warframe it is productive for the game and for the player base if MR27 players help out players with less experience, and it also demonstrates to novice players how far and how extreme abilities can progress when players are willing to put in the time and effort.  However, about 10% of random players I encounter start missions and then find a safe hiding spot and go AFK.  If they don’t care to play, I don’t understand why they start the mission; and I don’t like to carry those individuals because it encourages a lazy and absent player base.  I don’t care how many times I have to revive players as long as they are putting forth a modicum of effort toward the mission goal.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (PS4)billifred said:

However, about 10% of random players I encounter start missions and then find a safe hiding spot and go AFK.  If they don’t care to play, I don’t understand why they start the mission; and I don’t like to carry those individuals because it encourages a lazy and absent player base.  I don’t care how many times I have to revive players as long as they are putting forth a modicum of effort toward the mission goal.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

i also showed support for this in a different thread. its good to see atleast survival adopt something like this by letting people self extract without pulling everyone out.

as for why people leech. i made a thread about some reasons why this happens also by making an example. affinity system rewards passive play. its one of the very many things that needs an overhaul in this game.