Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis MR too high?

(NSW)Riophilip

3 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Just change servers in the Options. Grineer Defense is still one of the best methods of leveling.

Still not definite proof.

As far as we know, it could also be necessary to some optional piece of content that could be released with the New War, like Kuva Siphons after The War Within.

I still don't think Paracesis requirements are too grindy, even if it could be story-related.

A dev confirmed its use for me the second time. And anyway, I Already posted this above, but if a dev sees this forum, he will know if it is needed, and then should decrease it if that is the case. When you said that it really isn't as hard as I am saying, (and you have every right to be skeptical of the following argument) why haven't I managed it yet? Yes I am using affinity boosters, yes I am doing defense and spy and elite onslaught, yes I have been doing it a few hours a day for a month now. Everyone who disagrees says it is so easy. What am I missing, then? On my second account I am silver initiate, so I can speak from experience. You, being a disciple, must look at it, once more, from "my" perspective. Do this before retorting to improve it.

As for changing server, I tired that. It results in massive lag

But then, I'd also like to ask you to give your argument for why it shouldn't be decreased, please.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

On 2019-10-22 at 6:25 AM, (NSW)Riophilip said:

2. I simply don't think anyone should have to do this grinding in the first place.

You do realise you're playing Warframe, right?

P.S: It really, really doesn't take long to reach MR10. You'll get there easily by simply passively playing the game and lvling things along the way. As for its MR lock, I feel it's apt. It's a strong melee weapon that is very useful against sentients, even eidolons.

Edited by Numerikuu

On October 22, 2019 at 8:00 AM, (NSW)Riophilip said:

I am here to highlight what I believe to be a large problem with the Paracesis. Namely, its MR requirement. Much excitement is being built up for your upcoming quest The New War, however, there are some players who cannot enjoy it right away. The Paracesis has a MR requirement of 10, which I believe to be too high as it will clearly be necessary in the quest, I believe its requirement should be decreased. My argument for this is that certain players must tediously grind to reach this rank and that this takes a long time. I myself have the ability to fit in enough time to do this daily, but others are not so lucky. Being a story quest, it does not make sense that a player must put multiple hours into the game simply grinding,many they have already spent that time reaching this point. The previous quest, in which the blueprint for Paracesis is acquired, has only a MR requirement of 7. This sudden jump from 7 to 10 makes no sense. Of course, I completely understand your intentions with this barrier- to ensure a player is familiar enough with the game to progress, but you must remember, this player has just completed hours of other quests, has fought all major bosses, grinded for other things, fought rail guardians, empowered his operator, collected 1000 ducats, Cetus wisps, defeated the eidolon multiple times, has done all this and much more! Surely by now they are ready to progress, to play a simple quest! Of course, those who grind and put much work into the game should be rewarded! But not with the story! The story of warframe is magnificent! I shed tears at the beauty of The Second Dream! Why now should I be stopped from witnessing the grand finale of this epic adventure?! In conclusion, the Paracesis MR should be decreased to seven as this is what a player simply playing the story will have. This is because it makes no logical sense. I hope you will consider my proposal.

I have to agree with this guy, it was a pain grinding up, even though I didn't do it for the paracesis.

5 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

P.S: It really, really doesn't take long to reach MR10. You'll get there easily by simply passively playing the game and lvling things along the way. As for its MR lock, I feel it's apt. It's a strong melee weapon that is very useful against sentients, even eidolons.

I have gone over this countless times in above posts. Please refer to them for the answer.

10 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

In warframe you grind for cool stuff but not the story, you simply cannot get there passively I have done much, much more than passively (honest), and the reason I want it down is not because it is good, but because it blocks the story and players have done enough to show their skill in the game which I'm sure you can identify yourself, and yes, it will be in the story, Ballas and a dev conformed it for me.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

9 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

I somehow didn't manage it passively 

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

why haven't I managed it yet? Yes I am using affinity boosters, yes I am doing defense and spy and elite onslaught, yes I have been doing it a few hours a day for a month now. Everyone who disagrees says it is so easy. What am I missing, then?

What are you doing exactly?

What mission are playing (not just game mode, but the [node - planet])? Do you have a full squad or you are going solo? Is all your gear unranked or just some of it? Do you also have an unranked companion equipped or at least a Smeeta kavat? Do you know how the Mastery system works? Did you join a clan to get all the bps from research labs?

I was a new player around 2 years ago, when there was a bit less gear available to get MR. It took me 1 week to learn the Mastery system, because I was having a good time exploring maps, but I still hit MR 10 in less than a month (there was no ESO at the time).

29 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

But then, I'd also like to ask you to give your argument for why it shouldn't be decreased, please.

Because it's a very strong and unique melee weapon with damage bonus against sentients and extra mod capacity after a few formas.

If anything, its MR requirement should actually be higher.

If it was just some crappy/subpar weapon, I'd understand a decrease in MR requirement.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

What are you doing exactly?

What mission are playing (not just game mode, but the [node - planet])? Do you have a full squad or you are going solo? Is all your gear unranked or just some of it? Do you also have an unranked companion equipped or at least a Smeeta kavat? Do you know how the Mastery system works? Did you join a clan to get all the bps from research labs?

I was a new player around 2 years ago, when there was a bit less gear available to get MR. It took me 1 week to learn the Mastery system, because I was having a good time exploring maps, but I still hit MR 10 in less than a month (there was no ESO at the time).

Because it's a very strong and unique melee weapon with damage bonus against sentients and extra mod capacity after a few formas.

If anything, its MR requirement should actually be higher.

If it was just some crappy/subpar weapon, I'd understand a decrease in MR requirement.

I am doing Dione,Saturn solo, and defense and ESO often. I have the companion, I know how the system works, and I have a clan. In theory, I should have managed by now. I don't know what is wrong.

So then, the problem is, it is good, but blocks story content. So we have to decide, should we make a good weapon easier to get because it blocks important content? I think the ultimate problem is whether or not it is easy to rank MR up. You insist it is easy, yet I disagree. What do you think is causing the conflict? Why is it so easy for you and hard for me (and the others who aren't as privileged as me)? Or is it even as easy as you say, you just forgot what a nightmare it was? I'm interested to hear what you think.

We clearly can't convince the other that MR grinding is easy/hard, so I'll explain why I believe it is okay to give a player a good weapon to allow them to play the grand story easier?

WE have already been given entire war frames for free. This includes the umbra, who is a good frame, like the parac. is a good weapon. Other powerful weapons are easy to get anyway. Then, if the sentient damage is a problem, we have already been given the umbra and operator free! Both are good with sentiments as well, what is throwing a simple weapon into mix? Remember, lowering the MR isn't just giving it away for nothing. The player still has to collect 1000 ducats, the galantine, 15 Orokin cells and CAPTURE the eidolon 5 times! They have also done everything leading up to chimera! You say grinding should be rewarded, and that is exactly what I want! Look at everything the player has done to get here! And now, they can't enjoy their labor because the game wants them to spend hours doing mind numbingly boring chores to increase a bar that doesn't even represent anything other than the ability to grind fast. You see where I'm coming from?

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

So then, the problem is, it is good, but blocks story content. So we have to decide, should we make a good weapon easier to get because it blocks important content? I think the ultimate problem is whether or not it is easy to rank MR up. You insist it is easy, yet I disagree. What do you think is causing the conflict? Why is it so easy for you and hard for me? Or is it even as easy as you say, you just forgot what a nightmare it was? I'm interested to hear what you think.

Perhaps you should answer their questions, then we may be able to determine what exactly it is that has been hindering your MR progress.

Edited by Numerikuu

43 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

If you've stuck to the exact same weapons, frame, pet/sentinel, archwing, archwing weapons, k-drive, and so on, then probably not.

I know this guy, and have seen him play. He does like hoarding, yes, and even has more stuff sooner than I do. He is actually at 11 now, I think, but tells me it was a pain doing it and took forever.

If you don't believe me, his favorite load out is a black and red Excalibur, with a hek and nikana and lex prime.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

So then, the problem is, it is good, but blocks story content. So we have to decide, should we make a good weapon easier to get because it blocks important content? I think the ultimate problem is whether or not it is easy to rank MR up. You insist it is easy, yet I disagree. What do you think is causing the conflict? Why is it so easy for you and hard for me? Or is it even as easy as you say, you just forgot what a nightmare it was? I'm interested to hear what you think.

I think my standard of "too grindy" is quite different than yours.

I deleted my account earlier this year and started again, so the MR grind is still clear in my mind.

It took me less than 2 weeks to get to MR 10, with boosters, and it was no nightmare at all.

I just joined a clan and farmed creds in the Index. Then, I purchased every single blueprint I could from the clan and store. Then, I grinded more credits to build whatever I could at that moment. I leveled some gear passively while farming other resources, but I mainly focused on defenses. First, defense in Ceres dark sector for easier Orokin Cells and some credits, then, a grineer defense in Saturn for better affinity gains and some more orokin cells, and, finally, Hydron in Sedna (but I was already over MR10 at this point).

I always used 3 unranked weapons, an unranked frame, and, when possible, a smeeta kavat or unranked companion, because enemies in low level missions like Ceres and Saturn are very squishy, so they can be dealt with using unranked, poorly modded gear.

Anyway, if the Paracesis is required to play the New War and DE deems its requirement too high, they WILL reduce it. DE have done it before multiple times (even when I didn't consider some of them high as well). By the time the New War releases, you can probably get to MR 10 by only playing during the weekends.

The New War will still take a very long time to be released and, after it is released, it won't go anywhere and people will just expect the next major quest that will also take years to be released and will probably have slightly higher requirements.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I think my standard of "too grindy" is quite different than yours.

I deleted my account earlier this year and started again, so the MR grind is still clear in my mind.

It took me less than 2 weeks to get to MR 10, with boosters, and it was no nightmare at all.

I just joined a clan and farmed creds in the Index. Then, I purchased every single blueprint I could from the clan and store. Then, I grinded more credits to build whatever I could at that moment. I leveled some gear passively while farming other resources, but I mainly focused on defenses. First, defense in Ceres dark sector for easier Orokin Cells and some credits, then, a grineer defense in Saturn for better affinity gains and some more orokin cells, and, finally, Hydron in Sedna (but I was already over MR10 at this point).

I always used 3 unranked weapons, an unranked frame, and, when possible, a smeeta kavat or unranked companion, because enemies in low level missions like Ceres and Saturn are very squishy, so they can be dealt with using unranked, poorly modded gear.

Anyway, if the Paracesis is required to play the New War and DE deems its requirement too high, they WILL reduce it. DE have done it before multiple times (even when I didn't consider some of them high as well). By the time the New War releases, you can probably get to MR 10 by only playing during the weekends.

The New War will still take a very long time to be released and, after it is released, it won't go anywhere and people will just expect the next major quest that will also take years to be released and will probably have slightly higher requirements.

I'll try the grinding again a little later, but yeah, our definitions are very different with what you are doing I think that is way, way over the top.

I hope they do deem it too high, I hear they've had a few requests

And the New War will be out on Christmas, they said.

Well, I think we've reached the stalemate, and there isn't really anymore to say. So thanks for your input. Have a nice day!

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

1 hour ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

I am doing Dione,Saturn solo, and defense and ESO often

I prefer Grineer defense because it's more consistent (ALWAYS with 4 players in public matchmaking).

Spy is somewhat good, but if you can't complete it in 3~4 min without triggering alarms, you're being far from efficient (you can do it in 1~2 min with a dedicated squad).

ESO is good IF there's someone to carry you and there's a good rotation of factions. The faction that gives the most XP is Grineer. Without a Saryn or multiple nukers to wipe the room, you're not looking at good affinity gains.

As for the CRAFTING requirements of the Paracesis, I find them really odd. It doesn't take long to get 1000 ducats (less than a day), but the Eidolon requirement has always been new/weird to me. It shouldn't be hard to hunt Teralysts at MR10 in public matchmaking, but I also think 5 might be a bit too much.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I prefer Grineer defense because it's more consistent (ALWAYS with 4 players in public matchmaking).

Spy is somewhat good, but if you can't complete it in 3~4 min without triggering alarms, you're being far from efficient (you can do it in 1~2 min with a dedicated squad).

ESO is good IF there's someone to carry you and there's a good rotation of factions. The faction that gives the most XP is Grineer. Without a Saryn or multiple nukers to wipe the room, you're not looking at good affinity gains.

As for the CRAFTING requirements of the Paracesis, I find them really odd. It doesn't take long to get 1000 ducats (less than a day), but the Eidolon requirement has always been new/weird to me. It shouldn't be hard to hunt Teralysts at MR10 in public matchmaking, but I also think 5 might be a bit too much.

I have mastered Dione, and always do it quickly and flawlessly. I have no carry for ESO. Yes I managed the 1000 in a day but it does familiarize the player with important aspects.