Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aeterna, The Phoenix.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

This concept been pounding in the back of my mind for a while now and decided to finally make a post about it. But before we get started, no this isn’t your typical Fiery Phoenix, although there may be similarities. I’m not too good with stats and numbers but here goes:

Health: 450 maxed

Shield: 300 maxed

Armor: 100 maxed

Energy: 225 maxed

Speed: 1.15

Passive: one free instant revive per death. Basically you go down you instantly get revived with no energy loss. But if you go down the second time then you have to be revived the usual way. If you completely die then the passive resets.

1st Ability: super heats enemy weapons that will cause them to explode dealing damage and leaving them disarmed.

2nd Ability: creates a fire barrier that reduces damage taken by non explosives. Enemies who melee will be inflicted with a fire status and run panicking.

3rd Ability: Become a blazing tornado that charges in the direction you face knocking enemies down and inflicting fire status to them. Can be held for longer travel but vision becomes  blurred by flames. Best used long places with no edges to fall off. 

4th Ability: channels health to create an explosion that damages all enemies within the radius. Can be channeled till health reaches 2 or till killed by enemies. More health and power strength means more damage.

There’s still other abilities that I’m currently working on for alternatives. But hope to hear other suggestions. And please be civil and not compare other existing frames. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Steru said:

Why not?

Also, stats of abilities would be much appreciated

Well when it comes to the numbers I’m not very good. I don’t want to make it too OP nor too weak so that’s mostly up for DE to decide. The last ability would do a lot of damage even against high level enemies depending on the risks you’d be willing to take. If paired with a healing frame that could be a very OP combo. Similar to a Nidus paired with a chroma. If DE decided. 

Also when I think of ideas I like to have a legit discussion about those ideas. Every time I think of an idea for a frame I would ask other dudes I play with what if they made this type of frame or what if this type of ability could be used. Most times they agree with me. Sometimes they try to throw in some ideas but they’re usually too similar to another frame. Too similar as in like 80% similar. 

But many players on this Forum do not try to have a discussion. They simply throw the idea in the trash and put no effort to try and improve it. And they make it very clear they have no intent to. Which makes them “narrow minded trolls” as I put it, for just talking trash about an idea. 

When I comment on somebody else’s post, I throw in some suggestions that may help the OP. Sometimes people do make concepts way too similar to another frame and I’ll point that out WHILE ALSO suggesting an alternative. 

Here recently I’ve been trying to think of more creative, more synergetic abilities for frames. Old and new. I’ve been also trying to come up with drawings even though I’m not that good. The only successful drawing was that of a Volcanic Frame concept I made over a month ago. Made many before but not one with a drawing. 

What I want is for people to actually discuss the ideas I post. Look at them, think about them, compare them to existing frames, then come up with unique ideas they think would be best for such a frame. But a lot of players don’t even try. They basically just bully OPs instead. Some people even get triggered when I tell them not to talk trash. That if they can’t explain a legit reason why they disagree then their opinion has no meaning. Cause all it is, is trash talk. 

There’s a difference between saying “I’m not really into that kind of song” vs “the song sucks”. Believe it or not, the past few frames were ideas I’ve had for nearly 3 years. I’ve made posts discussing similar frame designs and abilities which were thrown into the trash by other players. But now these new frames that are like 75% close to the concepts I’ve made exist. Which proves that DE does read posts. They take some of the ideas into consideration. Seen a post way back about a “fat” frame and I suggested an ability where he sucks them into his body similar to Hydroid’s undertow. And could possibly spit them out. The fact that Gendel does just that with the added bonus of having a giant mouth as his stomach is cool, yet super creepy. 

Either way, I want an actual discussion on this frame. Not just comparing it to other frames as a means to throw it into the trash. Why bother commenting on a post if that is all you would do? You as in general. Sounds like a waste of time and of a life. Getting tired of the rinse wash repeat is basically what I’m saying. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

And please be civil and not compare other existing frames.

I still believe that it could be helpfull, but of course it has to be costructive feedback, not a wrecking ball demolishing the idea for no reason

For example:

1 - Garuda and inaros both have an ability that drains their life, but they also have abilities that replenish it, making them self-sustainable; aeterna on Bee own can't heal herself which makes her a squad only frame

2-aeterna's passive reminds of wukong's but with a different twist, so for me it's just fine, but could maybe have a little extra 

2.1 - when warframes respawns they create a knockdown area around them and they are invicible for a few seconds; aeterna on the other hands, instead of a knockdown, could have a fire proc and/or a blind in a larger radius or on all enemies in line of night

What do you think of this feedback?

4 hours ago, Steru said:

I still believe that it could be helpfull, but of course it has to be costructive feedback, not a wrecking ball demolishing the idea for no reason

For example:

1 - Garuda and inaros both have an ability that drains their life, but they also have abilities that replenish it, making them self-sustainable; aeterna on Bee own can't heal herself which makes her a squad only frame

2-aeterna's passive reminds of wukong's but with a different twist, so for me it's just fine, but could maybe have a little extra 

2.1 - when warframes respawns they create a knockdown area around them and they are invicible for a few seconds; aeterna on the other hands, instead of a knockdown, could have a fire proc and/or a blind in a larger radius or on all enemies in line of night

What do you think of this feedback?

Well I was thinking the passive could have an added bonus of being able to heal from fire status. Not completely reliable(For newbies) but it would be an alternative. Maybe the friction from sliding could heal a little bit? So a lot of sliding would restore the lost health. With enemies that can one shot you doubt it would be too OP if DE figured out the right numbers.

Still trying to think of abilities that would be better without being too similar to another frame. But the feedback was actually decent. Hope to get more responses and suggestions. The more that are given, the more the concept can be improved.