Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Feedback! (Short Review)

Silta

====MURMUR COLLECTING/KUVA LICH MISSIONS====

I enjoy the concept of killing Thralls to collect murmurs, I love the grind for it honestly and wouldn't change that. HOWEVER!

1. Make thralls Mini-bosses instead of standard ground units with knowledge of a Lich Weakness.This could be a potentially interesting mechanic to build upon-
  2. Either make thralls Mini-bosses who have 1 out of 4 of the Kuva Lich's power abilities.
  3. Make Capture missions relatable to finding intel on your Lich.

I mean for example, We're doing recon, gathering info from terminals in spy missions, capturing VIPs for interrogation, This stuff could easily tie in with the Murmur gathering process and would be more interesting as well.

To put it simply because I'm not good with words, Make the Lich Territory Missions correlate with the Lich.

1. Spy Missions/Capture/Interception  = Fill murmurs faster Upon completion.
  2. Survival/Defense = Gain portion of materials back as the "Lone tenno operative scavenges for supplies"
  3. Exterminate = Destroys the Lich's soldiers, speaks for itself really. (Maybe The Lich has a higher chance of appearing on these?)

====DEATH====

Dying is expected in this new update. What was implied however, were that we could kill our liches as many times as we want but they'd just return leveled up unless we had the right order of requiem relics. 

This is not the case. In fact, we don't EVER kill our lich other than when they start as a larvaling, and when we have the right mods in order. Every attempt after this leads to our spines being broken or some other horrid (But lovely) animated deaths. Allow us to win a fight, (with a percentage chance of the outcome) but it let it mean nothing other than a level up on the Lich. Have the Lich taunt us as we return to our ship about our failure to kill him for good.

1. Allow a mixture of Kills/Deaths between our attempts.
  2. Switch up the chances of us killing/dying to a lich. (Players avoid liches entirely knowing they'll die regardless if they have mods or not.)

====MISSING CONTENT====

Something I immidietly noticed was lack of information on my kuva lich's data. At tennocon we were shown things such as how many of their Soldiers Killed, How many Encounters we've had, The days the Kuva Lich has survived, and even traits such as "Afraid of children" Keen Sense of Smell" "Unbalanced" Where are these? I only assume they are under development and will be introduced in a new update but I'd love to see all this information pop up or be viewable in our Kuva Lich Archives,

(Bring Back Detailed Info- tiny stuff like this is what makes the Kuva Lich feel more like a character tailored to me with a long lasting history!)

1. Soldier Kill Count
  2. Encounters Had
  3. Days Alive
  4. Kill/Death Ratio
  5. Missions Cleared

Another simple idea would be to add Converted/vanquished Liches to your Codex, this way you can always remember them one way or another and have fun practice fighting them in the Captura or Simulacrum!

Anyways, I know this was short, probably uncoordinated, but These are just a few of my thoughts I wanted to point out and I thank you for reading them! Hope it helps, as this update is my favorite thus far!

Animated GIF

Edited by Silta
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silta said:

This is not the case. In fact, we don't EVER kill our lich other than when they start as a larvaling, and when we have the right mods in order. Every attempt after this leads to our spines being broken or some other horrid (But lovely) animated deaths. Allow us to win a fight, (with a percentage chance of the outcome) but it let it mean nothing other than a level up on the Lich. Have the Lich taunt us as we return to our ship about our failure to kill him for good.

1. Allow a mixture of Kills/Deaths between our attempts.
  2. Switch up the chances of us killing/dying to a lich. (Players avoid liches entirely knowing they'll die regardless if they have mods or not.)

I think you make a really good point and I'm now understanding what @CRAFTTHIS was saying in the other thread.

I think you make a good suggestion. If your suggestion was implemented, it would incentivize players to use their parazon on the lich, even if they don't know the full requiem combo. It's quite frustrating for me to be in a mission with someone who refuses to use their parazon on their lich, because it denies my lich from being able to spawn - not to mention it's cumbersome to try to finish a mission while there's an invincible lich ragdolling you.

Edited by Flying_Scorpion

3 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

I think you make a really good point and I'm now understanding what @CRAFTTHIS was saying in the other thread.

I think you make a good suggestion. If your suggestion was implemented, it would incentivize players to use their parazon on the lich, even if they don't know the full requiem combo. It's quite frustrating for me to be in a mission with someone who refuses to use their parazon on their lich, because it denies my lich from being able to spawn - not to mention it's cumbersome to try to finish a mission while there's an invincible lich ragdolling you.

Thank you! I was worried I would struggle to get my point across and it'd come off as a cluster of words on screen...

But yes, Players need more incentive to try and kill their lich instead of running away doing nothing and locking other players out of theirs. Have a 50/50 chance of killing or being killed in a finisher, regardless if you have all necessary mods.

• Like 1

the problem is, when you fail to kill a lich, it levels up, forcing us to deal with more armor and a more polarizing fight consequently, and it conquers a new planet, meaning you have to focus on killing it even more, lest you lose important loot. Dying isn't the problem, it's the consequences of dying that is. I think, if you kill it without the right mods, you should make the lich maintain its level or lose a level even. Make it so that the lich only kills you if you have the first mod right but not the second or third. Or maybe make it so having no requiem mods equipped will fake kill it, while using the wrong requiem mod is what makes him kill you.

• 4 weeks later...